ICC asks Bangladesh, Sri Lanka to have anti-graft codeJune 25th, 2012 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, June 25 (IANS) Taking strong note of reports of corruption in domestic cricket, the International Cricket Council (ICC) has asked Bangladesh and Sri Lanka to have an anti-corruption code in place at the earliest.
During its two-day meeting here over the weekend, the ICC chief executives’ committee discussed the integrity issues in domestic cricket.
At the meeting, the CEC, after hearing that neither Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) nor Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) have incorporated domestic anti-corruption codes, recommended that the ICC Board instruct the two boards to implement these codes forthwith.
The CEC also said that SLC should have the code in place certainly before the start of the Sri Lanka Premier League Twenty20, which is planned for August 2012.
The CEC also recommended to the ICC Board that the BCB be directed to deliver a comprehensive report on the allegations of corrupt activities during the recent Bangladesh Premier League.
The CEC considered the importance of a uniform set of anti-corruption regulations across all full members in order to avoid any potential jurisdictional loopholes and/or inconsistencies in the continued and ever-vigilant protection of cricket from corruption.
- ICC calls for worldwide life ban on Kaneria, Westfield - Jun 27, 2012
- SLC provides ICC with cricket corruption tapes - Aug 13, 2012
- ICC's new ODI league to commence after World Cup (Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- ICC makes further progress towards Test, ODI leagues - Dec 01, 2010
- Sri Lanka cricket board assures integrity of SLPL - Jul 21, 2012
- ICC board agrees on anti-corruption code for domestic cricket - Nov 22, 2010
- Ashraf confident Pakistan will host visitors in 2012 - Nov 29, 2011
- Bangladesh will tour Pakistan: ICC - Apr 15, 2012
- Sri Lanka interim cricket board dissolved - Jul 01, 2011
- ICC declines to make DRS mandatory, retains current format - Jun 27, 2012
- BCCI rubbishes English daily report on Raina's bookie link - Oct 24, 2010
- Pakistan unhappy with cricket's FTP - Dec 01, 2010
- ICC extends 'scandal-hit' Pak's deadline for naming World Cup squad until Jan 5 - Dec 17, 2010
- 2011 World Cup: ICC green signal for umpire review system - Jul 01, 2010
- Pakistan's domestic T20 winners to play in Champions League: BCCI - May 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,