I wouldn’t date a footballer again, says ex-WAG Lauren McDonaldDecember 7th, 2010 - 4:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 7 (ANI): Rangers star Maurice Edu ex-girlfriend Lauren McDonald has revealed how her life was turned into hell as a footballer’s girl.
Stunning hair stylist Lauren, from Anniesland, Glasgow, and Edu, got together at the beginning of this year after being introduced by a mutual friend.
“I didn’t know who he was, I’d never heard of him. I fancied him before I found out that he was a footballer,” the Sun quoted her as saying.
“But I never thought that within a year my reputation would be in complete tatters.”
Loyal Lauren is adamant that her year of hell has nothing to do with Mo personally. It was the backlash she suffered from jealous women and men.
“When people say my name they think of me as someone who wears a bra and hat out to nightclub,” she said.
“Not long after Mo and I started dating, a girl started shouting at me in the toilets of a Glasgow nightclub. She was going on about how I thought I was ‘it’ because I was going out with a footballer. Eventually the toilet attendant had to get her away, Lauren said.
This was just the tip of the iceberg and things gradually got worse for Lauren.
“I was out with a male friend for dinner one night when Mo was at the World Cup in June. The next thing it was being printed that I was cheating on him. It was absolute rubbish. My mum had a stroke the day before so the whole thing put a lot of undue pressure on the family.
“I felt so guilty but there’s no reason I should have because I hadn’t done anything wrong. Shortly afterwards my car was vandalized twice while parked at Mo’s.”
Life took an even more sinister turn when she was targeted in her own hair salon in Glasgow’s Partick.
“Some guy came to the shop and yelled at me that I was a ’stupid slut’. It was pretty frightening that someone who didn’t even know me would do that,” she said.
Lauren’s business began to suffer and she was forced to consider other work. To make matters worse she was then was linked with the notorious Glasgow crime family, the Daniels.
Yesterday The Scottish Sun revealed that Edu’s Gers teammate Kyle Lafferty is dating Miss Scotland Nicola Mimnagh.
Lauren refused to comment specifically on the couple but warned: “Going out with someone in the public eye means you can often attract the wrong attention and people are jealous of you.”
But despite all the fallout she still cherishes her relationship with Edu.
“I wouldn’t date a footballer again,” she added. (ANI)
- Gaga destined to be lonely! - Nov 30, 2011
- Towie's Lauren says that she will always love Mark - Aug 07, 2012
- Ritchie, best hairstylist on planet? - Aug 08, 2012
- Conrad penning beauty book - Oct 29, 2011
- Nicola retrieves Cheryl's phone from toilet - Dec 18, 2011
- Reality TV offers great perks: Lauren Conrad - Apr 10, 2012
- I am the best hairstylist: Nicole Richie - May 06, 2012
- Half of Brit men think sex with drunk women is not rape - Nov 17, 2010
- Salma Hayek dresses for billionaire hubby - Apr 03, 2012
- Jack Wilshere 'had sex with lap-dancer' behind girlfriend's back - Nov 19, 2010
- Bald and beautiful: Women take the bold cut (Feature) - Nov 14, 2011
- Breastfeeding women hold protest after abuse in cafe - Jul 05, 2012
- No Rapunzel, schoolgirl may die if she combs her hair - Aug 18, 2011
- Michelle Williams loves short hair - Nov 04, 2011
- Latest cheating footballer makes Rooney 'look like a saint': Nadine Ferguson - Apr 16, 2011
Tags: absolute rubbish, anniesland glasgow, backlash, ex girlfriend, footballer, hair salon, hair stylist, jealous women, male friend, mcdonald, mutual friend, stroke, stupid slut, tip of the iceberg, toilet attendant, toilets, undue pressure, wag, women and men, world cup