I will be mad to turn down big-money re-match with Tyson: HolyfieldMarch 3rd, 2008 - 7:29 pm ICT by admin
London, Mar 3 (ANI): Evander Holyfield has said that he would be mad to turn down a big-money re-match with Mike Tyson after pocketing the biggest one-off fee in the history of sport in their last meeting.
But the four-time world heavyweight champion doesnt believe that a third showdown with Tyson will materialise.
“Yeah, I spoke to his trainer Ken Fenech some time ago but didnt hear anything from him,” said Holyfield.
“It was just an idea, a suggestion. But you have to consider anything if the price is right and the timing is right. Last time we met, I earned 35million dollars for nine minutes work,” The Sun quoted Holyfield, as saying.
When the two clashed in Las Vegas in June 1997, Holyfield, The Real Deal, became the real meal after Tyson chewed off part of his right ear and was disqualified after three rounds.
“Every time, people talk about my ear. They say Tyson bit you. They never say hey, you made 35m dollars. They look at the negative part and say you got bit on the ear, he said.
“Well I was saying to myself: He can bite this one for 35m dollars too, he said.
Evander Holyfield was in London to promote “Becoming Holyfield: A Fighters Journey” published by Simon And Schuster, 16.99 pounds. (ANI)
- Mike Tyson becomes a vegan - Jul 29, 2010
- Boxing great Holyfield's wife receives restraining order against him - Feb 12, 2010
- Iron Mike's heart not in boxing anymore, says Holyfield ruling out re-match - Sep 17, 2010
- I'll retire if I don't get fights: Holyfield - Sep 12, 2012
- Ex-boxing champ Tyson to become a missionary to earn respect from his kids - Aug 16, 2010
- Mike Tyson turns vegetarian - May 13, 2010
- Evander Holyfield taught me how to punch, says Helen Mirren - Apr 06, 2011
- 'Iron' Mike Tyson loses cool when reminded of rape during live TV show - Nov 04, 2009
- Mike Tyson suggests kids to 'walk away' from bullies - May 10, 2010
- Cash-strapped Holyfield to fight Botha on Jan.16 - Jan 01, 2010
- Mike Tyson welcomes his new baby Morocco Elijah Tyson - Jan 28, 2011
- Is Iron Mike making a come back? - Mar 11, 2010
- 'Wolverine' Jackman eating 6,000 calories a day - Feb 04, 2011
- Why do celebs lose their cool? Status-linked ego, say experts - Feb 25, 2012
- Boxer Evander Holyfield forced to move out of his foreclosed home - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: evander holyfield, history of sport, journey, las vegas, last time, london, match, mike tyson, money, real deal, simon and schuster, suggestion, sun, time world heavyweight champion, tyson holyfield, world heavyweight champion