I-League clubs to comply with AFC licensing rules by JuneFebruary 25th, 2008 - 10:37 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) All the clubs in the I-League’s first and second division have to fulfil the licensing rules of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) by June if they want to qualify for the regional champions league, the All India Football Federation (AIFF) announced here Monday. The I-League, which concluded Saturday with Dempo lifting the title, is the country’s first professional league and was played on the lines of AFC pro-league. The AFC is trying to professionalise leagues in 21 countries and India is a part of it.
“All the clubs in the first division have been given a deadline to fulfil all the licensing criteria by June, before the draw of next I-league. The AFC pro-league committee officials will also have a workshop here in April and all the clubs will attend it,” said Colaco.
“Out of the 21 countries we are in a very good place and if our clubs fulfil all the rules then our clubs can qualify for the 2009-10 Champions League,” he said.
The AFC officials will help the clubs to fulfil the licensing rules before they submit their report to the Asian body in October.
Colaco also said that some second division clubs like Chirag United, Vasco, Mumbai FC, Pune FC and Amity United are very close to fulfilling all the licensing rules set by the AFC.
- ONGC, Air India, HAL excluded from next season's I-League - Apr 13, 2011
- AFC president asks AIFF to come down hard on erring I-League clubs - Sep 13, 2010
- AIFF at loggerheads with I-League clubs - Feb 21, 2012
- AFC relaxes rules to accommodate four erring I-League clubs - Apr 14, 2011
- Shah Rukh Khan to buy stake in I-League champions Dempo - Jun 01, 2012
- AIFF forms two bodies for club-licensing criteria - Aug 22, 2012
- SRK eyes stake in I-League champions Dempo (Evening Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Professionalise I-League or face action, AFC warning to AIFF - Aug 27, 2009
- Praful Patel appointed deputy chairman of AFC competition's committee - Apr 21, 2011
- I-League clubs refuse to release players for Caribbean, UK trip - Aug 09, 2011
- I-League clubs skip last meeting of ad-hoc committee - May 04, 2012
- New football coach says follow Dempo style - Jun 15, 2011
- Time is running out for I-League clubs to fulfill AFC criteria - Aug 05, 2009
- Armando drops Bhaichung along with 11 seniors from World Cup probables - Jun 02, 2011
- Dempo not to take Chirag United lightly - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: afc, aiff, amity, asian body, asian football confederation, champions league, committee officials, dempo, division clubs, football federation, India, league clubs, league committee, mumbai, New Delhi, professional league, pune, regional champions, vasco