I-League: Air India take on Mohun BaganMarch 25th, 2012 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, March 25 (IANS) Air India host Mohun Bagan in the 21st round of the I-League at the Balewadi Sports Complex Monday. Bagan who have 37 points from 20 matches, nine points behind league leaders Dempo, would try to consolidate their position in the table.
Air India who are clear of the relegation zone with 27 points from 20 outings have nothing to lose unlike their opponents.
Mohun Bagan head coach Prasanta Kumar Banerjee is in no mood to take any risk. “Air India is a capable side, they can always play a spoiler on a given day. We need to stay alert,” he said.
Air India on the other hand have no option but to go all out against the Bagan. However, history is not on their side, in the five league encounters between the two side, Air India drew once and lost on four occasions — the latest being 1-3 defeat at Salt Lake Stadium Dec 28th.
- Bagan take on Dempo in crucial I-League encounter - Mar 31, 2012
- Relegation-threatened Mumbai FC face Dempo - Jan 31, 2012
- I-League: Barreto scores in his swansong as Bagan blank Pune FC - May 06, 2012
- Champions Dempo aim to end I-League on high note - May 04, 2012
- We are not intimidated by Bagan: Sukhwinder - Jan 26, 2012
- Mohun Bagan face Pune in Barreto's farewell match - May 05, 2012
- East Bengal face Mohun Bagan in I-League's Kolkata derby - Feb 03, 2012
- Relegation threatened Chirag United face Mohun Bagan in I-League - Jan 30, 2012
- Mohun Bagan ground Air India 3-1 in I-League - Dec 28, 2011
- Dempo not to take Chirag United lightly - Jan 13, 2012
- East Bengal, Mohun Bagan finish 1-1 in I-League - Feb 04, 2012
- East Bengal, Lajong in Fed Cup semis - Sep 21, 2011
- Dempo looking to consolidate position in I-League - Feb 11, 2012
- Pailan Arrows face Air India in I-League - Apr 13, 2012
- Churchill's chance to claim No.2 spot - Feb 05, 2012