`I knew if we bowled and fielded well, we’d win,’ says ClarkeApril 28th, 2009 - 12:55 pm ICT by ANI
Abu Dhabi (UAE), Apr.28 (ANI): Australia acting-captain Michael Clarke has said that he always knew that if his team bowled and fielded well, ” we would get enough opportunities.”
Speaking after his team’s come from behind victory in the third one-day international against Pakistan, Clarke told Fox Sports: “Even though they were 0-95 at one stage, I was still confident that on that wicket once the ball got a little bit older we could win the game.”
“We definitely have a lot to work on but I can guarantee we won’t be thinking about it tonight,” Clarke said after the match.
“We have a few days off or a few days with no cricket, which will be nice. The boys should be very happy; very proud, it was a wonderful performance. I thought our bowlers, the way we fielded, was fantastic, they showed plenty of courage and I’m very happy with how we performed,” Fox Sports quoted Clarke, as saying.
Clarke starred with both bat and ball as Australia pulled off a 27-run victory against Pakistan in the Abu Dhabi match.
Pakistan looked to be cruising towards a comfortable victory at 0-95 after 22 overs, but then lost ten wickets for 77 runs. Australia had earlier scored a disappointing 7-198.
Off-spinner Nathan Hauritz and then left-arm finger-spinner Clarke each took two wickets in two balls in the space of three overs to spark a Pakistan collapse. Clarke had earlier top-scored with 66 and followed that with figures of 3-15 on the spin-friendly pitch.
The win gave Australia a 2-1 lead in the five-game series, with the remaining two matches to be played Friday and Sunday. (ANI)
- Pakistan beat Australia by seven wickets - Sep 01, 2012
- Proteas ease past Pakistan in Abu Dhabi T20 match - Oct 27, 2010
- Clarke praises team for win over Sri Lanka - Aug 21, 2011
- West Indies fightback of no avail as Australia win first Test - Apr 12, 2012
- Ponting wants his spinners to strike - Mar 15, 2011
- Australia beat Kenya by 60 runs - Mar 14, 2011
- Australia edge Sri Lanka by five runs - Feb 10, 2012
- Bishoo happy playing his part in Windies victory - Nov 03, 2011
- Australia beat Pakistan by four wickets in first ODI - Aug 29, 2012
- We have to restrict Pakistan to less than 250: Rampaul - May 21, 2011
- Afridi on a roll would be India's bogeyman - Mar 26, 2011
- Clarke's unbeaten century gives Aussies 3-1 series clinching win over Pak - May 02, 2009
- Clarke hints at playing two spinners in first Test against Sri Lanka - Aug 29, 2011
- Rajasthan thrash Pune to keep playoff hopes alive (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- West Indies end five-year drought against Australia - Mar 19, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi uae, acting, bat and ball, bowlers, captain michael, courage, cricket, few days, fox sports, game series, little bit, match, michael clarke, nathan hauritz, pakistan collapse, pitch, two balls, victory, wicket, wickets