I can’t wait to step on the field: Yuvraj SinghSeptember 5th, 2012 - 9:59 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 5 (IANS) India cricketer Yuvraj Singh, who has recovered from cancer, says he can’t wait to step on the field for the two Twenty20s against New Zealand slated for September 8 and 11.
Yuvraj will be making his comeback to international cricket with the two Twenty20s after surviving cancer. The matches will also help him to test his fitness ahead of the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka from September 18.
“I have been preparing for last couple of months in the National academy and have played a couple of matches along with team in the last four days and I can’t wait to step on the field because that is something which is going to be a huge day for me,” Yuvraj told IANS here Wednesday.
“I have trained really hard it was not easy on my body after cancer and as I said I just can’t wait,” he said.
Yuvraj stepping on the field in the first Twenty20 against the Black Caps will be a momentous occasion in his life.
“It’s going to be a huge moment in my life. I can’t wait for Sept 8 anymore. Every day I put a status 8 days, 7 days, I can’t wait for the excitement, I can’t wait to hold my bat, stand anywhere on the field that is one environment that I am used to that is what I was doing for 15 to 17 years and when that was taken away from me it was a shock. How many hours how many minutes I just can’t wait honestly,” he said.
- Yuvraj eyes a comeback at T20 World Cup - Jun 20, 2012
- Biggest day since World Cup final: Yuvraj - Sep 08, 2012
- Yuvraj eyes return against Kiwis before T20 World Cup - Jul 07, 2012
- Cricketing world wishes Yuvraj - Sep 08, 2012
- Yuvraj back home after three months - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj returns home after winning battle against cancer (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj cheers for Pune Warriors - Apr 27, 2012
- Cancer over, Yuvraj enthrals his fans - Sep 11, 2012
- I only thought of saving my life: Yuvraj Singh - Sep 05, 2012
- Lance Armstrong still remains my hero, says Yuvraj - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: 17 years, black caps, cricketer, excitement, fitness, India, international cricket, momentous occasion, mumbai, national academy, new zealand, september 18, shock, sri lanka, surviving cancer, twenty20 world cup, yuvraj singh