I am ready for Chelsea debut: OscarAugust 18th, 2012 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 18 (IANS) Brazil international playmaker Oscar has declared himself ready to debut for Chelsea in the team’s Premier League football season-opener against Wigan Athletic Sunday.
Oscar joined his new teammates at Stamford Bridge Thursday following his involvement with Brazil’s Olympic team, which took the silver medal after losing to Mexico 1-2 in the final, reports Xinhua.
“I’m very happy to know that the manager has me in his plans for Sunday,” Oscar said.
“I think that I can do the job asked of me if selected because I have been playing regularly and have good rhythm. I am ready to go.”
Oscar, who signed with the London club for a reported 25 million pounds, has been given Chelsea’s No. 11 shirt formerly worn by Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba.
- Drogba makes immediate impact in China - Jul 23, 2012
- Champions League win my greatest achievement: Didier Drogba - Jun 17, 2012
- Brazil to play three strikers at Olympics - Jul 17, 2012
- Drogba signs with Shanghai Shenhua - Jun 20, 2012
- Brazilian teen star likely to snub Chelsea's 30 million pound Drogba replacement offer - Mar 31, 2011
- Drogba arrives in China to rousing reception - Jul 14, 2012
- Nicolas Anelka signs with China's Shanghai Shenhua - Dec 12, 2011
- Drogba recovers from mild concussion - Aug 28, 2011
- Drogba to visit India in June - May 22, 2012
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Drogba confirms Chelsea exit - May 22, 2012
- Chelsea's 'worst run of form' since I joined in 2004: Drogba - Nov 30, 2010
- Lukaku contemplating loan move away from Chelsea - Mar 02, 2012
- Lampard hails Drogba for Chelsea's historic win - May 20, 2012
- Barca look to avenge defeat at Stamford Bridge - Apr 23, 2012
Tags: brazil, debut, didier drogba, football season opener, ivory coast, job, london club, mexico, olympic team, oscar london, playmaker, premier league football, rhythm, silver medal, stamford bridge, striker, teammates, xinhua