I am now more determined: DindaMarch 1st, 2012 - 12:52 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 29 (IANS) Returning to the Indian squad after a gap of nearly two years, Bengal pacer Ashok Dinda Wednesday said he was now a more determined cricketer and had worked hard for making the comeback into the national side.
Having last donned the Indian colours in the Asia Cup at Sri Lanka in June 2010, Dinda has made the cut for the national team for the upcoming edition of the tournament in Dhaka March 12-22.
“The two years out of the Indian team has mde me more determined,” said the 27-year-old.
He said hard work, crucial piece of advice from former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly and Bengal coach W.V. Raman helped him return to the big league.
Dinda, who took 62 wickets in the domestic circuit this year, said his bowling improved after he changed his run up and altered the length.
“I also focused a lot on slower ones and yorkers during nets besides bowling at just one stump before the start of the season.”
He said while pace and swing was always his priority, he would also strive to bowl a full length and force the batsmen to make errors.
- Changing bowling style was the key: Dinda - Mar 06, 2012
- Ganguly eager to end losing streak in finals - Mar 11, 2012
- Akram lauds decision to include Pathan in Indian team - Jul 21, 2012
- Eden Garderns set for Dada-SRK grudge match (Preview) - May 04, 2012
- Smith, Dinda star in Pune Warriors' win against Mumbai Indians - Apr 06, 2012
- Knight Riders edge past Warriors by 7 runs (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Bengal spinners disappoint as Railways take control - Dec 16, 2010
- Ganguly flourish leads Knights to emphatic win over Royals (Lead) - Apr 18, 2010
- Pune look to bounce back against Deccan Chargers - Apr 30, 2012
- Variation most important for twenty20 bowlers: Akram - Jan 11, 2010
- India should learn to live without Zaheer: Sourav - Sep 22, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Railways in quarters with innings win over Bengal - Dec 18, 2010
- Stage set for Tendulkar to get his 100th century: Ganguly - Jan 25, 2012
- Trott survives to score half-century, England 127/2 (Tea report) - Jul 21, 2011
- Dinda and Hopes move to Pune from Delhi - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: ashok, asia cup, bengal, bowling, cricketer, dhaka, feb 29, full length, gap, indian captain, indian colours, kolkata, pace, pacer, piece of advice, priority, raman, sourav ganguly, swing, wickets