I am a princess!, says Spanish royal in BeijingAugust 15th, 2008 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 15 (DPA) Spain’s Princess Letizia was mistaken for a journalist when she visited the Beijing Olympics - but soon corrected the error, witnesses said. In the first weekend of the Games, Letizia was intending to watch basketball alongside her husband, Crown Prince Felipe. She chatted with some Spanish reporters before turning to another man present.
“So, what medium do you work for?” Letizia asked.
The bystander, a Latin American who was visibly unfamiliar with Spanish royals, identified himself.
“And you?” he asked Letizia.
The princess - who is indeed a reporter by training and worked among others as a correspondent and a television news anchor before she became a member of the royal family - was apparently surprised by the question.
“I am a princess!” she replied before walking off with her husband.
- Princess Letizia is Spain's new style-setter - Aug 16, 2012
- Spain's king earns 244,000 pounds a year - Dec 29, 2011
- Spanish king confers highest honour on Sarkozy - Jan 17, 2012
- Spain's king warns of hard times to come - Dec 14, 2011
- An unusual Spanish literary award ceremony - Apr 24, 2012
- Spanish monarchs welcome Michelle Obama - Aug 09, 2010
- Spanish king confers Order of the Golden Fleece on diplomat - Jun 16, 2010
- Wife in trouble after sending hubby SMS meant for lover! - Aug 04, 2011
- Sweden's crown princess gives birth to baby girl - Feb 24, 2012
- Spain's Crown Prince Felipe called on President Patil - Nov 11, 2009
- Diana's ring made smaller to fit Kate's finger - Apr 13, 2011
- World Cup squad returns to Spain in triumph (Lead) - Jul 13, 2010
- Michelle Obama dines with Spanish King and Queen before flying home - Aug 09, 2010
- Crown Princess Victoria's Royal Wedding - Jun 19, 2010
- Kate Middleton 'getting her wedding ring resized' - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: basketball, beijing olympics, bystander, correspondent, crown prince felipe, dpa, games, journalist, latin american, news anchor, olympics, princess letizia, royal family, royals, spain, television news