Hustler Had No Right To Publish Nancy Benoit’s PicturesJune 26th, 2009 - 9:55 pm ICT by GD
On Thursday, a federal appeals court ruled that the magazine Hustler did not have any right to publish old nude pictures of the slain wife of wrestler Chris Benoit, Nancy. The verdict of the court found the magazine violating privacy on a sensitive issue as this. The Hustler Magazine had published nude pictures of the late wife of the late wrestler that dates back 10 years. A federal lawsuit was filed against them by the family of Nancy Benoit last year, after the pictures had been published by the magazine. The Benoit family has stated that Nancy had requested the photographer to destroy the photographs immediately after they were taken, almost 20 years ago. However, they had sadly remained in circulation.
The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals verdict found that a controversial death of a celebrity does not give publishers and magazines the authority to come out in public with any photographs they wish to put on display. The court found in their ruling that by such an action, where unrelated images were allowed to be published, the entire life of the person in question comes under public scrutiny, even if the the matter of the death was of public interest and concern.
The magazine had countered the charges filed against them by saying that the pictures were a part of the greater story of the woman’s life and her very tragic death. The Larry Flynt Publishing Group argued that the pictures were a part of the feature story that they had done on Nancy Benoit, and it helped to tell the story of the very modest beginnings of her career. Nancy Benoit, a one time model and professional wrestler, had committed suicide almost two years ago after killing an young boy and his mother.
- Hustler Found Guilty Of Publishing Nancy Benoit Nude Photos - Mar 02, 2010
- Supreme Court: Hustler can be sued for Nancy Benoit's pics - Mar 02, 2010
- Porn baron Larry Flynt hospitalized - Jun 22, 2009
- Strips Clubs Are Shut As Fire Breaks Out On Baltimore's Adult District - Dec 07, 2010
- Nancy Dell'Olio loses court action against the Daily Mail - Dec 21, 2011
- Ex-model's $10m 'Couples Retreat' lawsuit gets tossed - Jul 11, 2010
- Petition against Veena Malik dismissed - Dec 08, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Supreme Court to decide on CBI probe - Mar 01, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's Playboy cover picture released - Dec 08, 2011
- Amanda Knox to sign 2.5 mn pounds book deal - Feb 18, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan to be on cover of Playboy - Nov 09, 2011
- Gary Coleman Deathbed Photo Becomes Magazine Coverpage - Jun 10, 2010
- Hustler kingpin Larry Flynt rushed to hospital - Jun 22, 2009
- Meredith Emerson Pictures Not To Be Released - Mar 12, 2010
- Milkshake murder verdict overturned, retrial ordered - Feb 14, 2010
Tags: 11th circuit court, 11th circuit court of appeals, benoit family, chris benoit, death of a celebrity, feature story, federal appeals court, federal lawsuit, hustler magazine, larry flynt publishing, nancy benoit, nude pictures, professional wrestler, public scrutiny, publishing group, sensitive issue, time model, tragic death, unrelated images, wrestler chris benoit