Hussey relieved of domestic duty ahead of S. Africa tourOctober 10th, 2011 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Oct 10 (IANS) Michael Hussey will not play in the Sheffield Shield this week as Cricket Australia (CA) has advised him rest before the national team leaves for a tour of South Africa.
Hussey’s Western Australia will open their Shield campaign against Tasmania Tuesday and Australia fly out to South Africa Friday.
Cricket Australia (CA) has made the decision considering Hussey’s recent return from India where he represented Chennai Super Kings in the Champions League T20. Prior to that, he was occupied with the series in Sri Lanka.
“The NSP took into account all the various factors in making this decision. Michael was Man of the Match in all three Test matches on Australia’s tour of Sri Lanka and has just returned from the CLT20, so his recent workload has been significant,” said Cricket Australia General Manager Cricket Michael Brown.
“Looking at all the coming international fixtures, it was decided that it is best for Michael if he sits out this week’s Sheffield Shield fixture in Perth, in advance of his Friday night flight to South Africa.
“The NSP has advised that Ricky Ponting, Xavier Doherty and Mitchell Johnson will all be available for selection for this Sheffield Shield fixture,” Brown added.
- Bailey replaces Clarke for Sunday's ODI against India (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Five Oz players available for Sheffield Shield, Ryobi Cup selection - Oct 06, 2011
- Australia to rest Mike Hussey against India - Feb 11, 2012
- Maxwell gets Australian team call-up - Jul 16, 2012
- Ponting to play in Tasmania's Sheffield Shield opener - Oct 08, 2011
- Australia drop Marsh, rest Haddin for ODI tri-series - Jan 30, 2012
- Bollinger and Hussey to miss third ODI, head back home - Oct 21, 2010
- Australian stars finally find form ahead of Ashes opener - Nov 19, 2010
- Ponting axed from Australia's ODI squad, Watson returns - Feb 20, 2012
- Katich among seven players to lose Australian contract - Jun 08, 2011
- Oz selectors announce provisional 17-man Ashes squad for Gabba Test - Nov 15, 2010
- Steve Rixon appointed Australia's fielding coach - Jun 28, 2011
- Tasmanian Krejza still hopeful about playing Test cricket for Australia - Jan 17, 2011
- Injured Hussey, Hauritz out of Australia's World Cup squad - Feb 08, 2011
- Veteran Hogg recalled to Australia's Twenty20 squad - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: africa tour, champions league, cricket australia, friday night, michael brown, michael hussey, mitchell johnson, night flight, nsp, perth, ricky, ricky ponting, sheffield shield, south africa, tasmania, test matches, tour sydney, western australia, workload, xavier