Humanitarian Bowl Ends In Favour Of Northern Illinois HuskiesDecember 19th, 2010 - 7:44 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Humanitarian Bowl took place on December 18 with a clash between Northern Illinois Huskies and Fresno State Bulldogs at the Blue Turf of Bronco Stadium in Boise, Idaho. The match went in favor of the former, with a final score of 40-17.
The defeat of Fresno State was yet another humiliating defeat, as they have failed to prove themselves in any of the Bowl game since 2007. Moreover the team stood in a miserable position of 8-4 in the preceding football series. However, in the first quarter of the game, it was Fresno State who superseded Northern Illinois with a score of 7-0, while only 5:40 was left for the first quarter to conclude. Then Jalen Sanders established an 11-yard touchdown pass to Jamel Hamler. In the second quarter, Chandler Harnish completed a 25 yard pass in favor of the Huskies and throw 39 yards towards Martel Moore, to facilitate a pulldown catch, making the score 6-7. Ryan Colburn soon sent a punt unit on third down, to create a marginal lead of 7-6 against the Huskies. However, the Huskies did not trail for too long, and pulled up the score to 13-7, with junior quarterback Nathan Palmer’s 24-yard rush, followed by a 38 yard touchdown. Chandler Harnish connected with Willie Clark with a 14 yard and Martel Moore with 21 yards, to finally go for a 22-yard touchdown strike. When Kevin Goessling missed a 43-yard from Ryan Colburn, the Bulldogs were almost left with no hopes and trailed with a 23-10 score to end the halftime.
Right from the second half, the Huskies did not need to look back, as they made a 23 points lead when only 5:31 minutes were left for the match to get over. Although the Bulldog started the match quite seriously, they could no make it, because of certain callous missing of yards, which may be attributed to miscommunication within the team.
- Washington Huskies Bags The Apple Cup - Dec 05, 2010
- Boise State Football Team Opens Season With Win Over Virginia Tech University Football Team - Sep 07, 2010
- Quarterback Kellene Moore's Last Minute Touchdown Pass Saves Boise State Football Team - Sep 07, 2010
- Alabama Defeats Arkansas By 24-20 In NCAA Football - Sep 26, 2010
- SEC Championship 2010 Gets Exciting For Auburn - Nov 14, 2010
- Cotton Bowl Bagged By LSU Tigers - Jan 08, 2011
- Quarterback Philip Rivers Proves His Mettle With Two Touchdowns And 298 Yards Throw - Sep 14, 2010
- Georgia State Panthers Was No Competition For Alabama Crimson Tides - Nov 19, 2010
- West Virginia Mountaineers Wins Over Marshall University Football Team During Overtime - Sep 11, 2010
- Eastern Washington Eagles Beats Villanova Wildcats To Reach FCS Final - Dec 18, 2010
- Philadelphia Eagles Vs Washington Redskins Match Was In Favor Of The Former - Nov 16, 2010
- UConn's Win In Last Night's Football Match Leads Them To BCS Bowl - Dec 05, 2010
- Michael Vick's Remarkable Performance Made The Day For Eagles - Nov 16, 2010
- Michigan Wolverines Wins Against Notre Dame Fighting Irish - Sep 12, 2010
- Kansas City Chiefs Pulls Off 21-14 Win Over San Diego Chargers - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: boise idaho, bowl game, bronco stadium, bulldogs, colburn, final score, football series, fresno state bulldogs, goessling, hamler, harnish, humanitarian bowl, junior quarterback, martel, meena, miscommunication, northern illinois huskies, touchdown pass, touchdown strike, yard touchdown