Human hockey puck sues organisersAugust 10th, 2012 - 8:54 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Nashville, Aug 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A radio personality in Nashville is suing hockey team the ‘Nashville Predators’ over an alleged injury after their ‘human hockey puck’ stunt.
Radio Presenter Adam Davis agreed to be used by the hockey team in a stunt where he would be put on a sled and pulling him back with a sling shot and throwing him towards bowling pins. The Nashville Predators had been asking Adam to be used for the stunt since December and he had agreed.
They were practicing the stunt when things went wrong and Adam was injured. His right leg got broken. Adam sued the predators under the terms that they lied to him by telling him that the stunt was completely safe.
Adam says that the accident has cost him a lot of mental and physical pain and it has also caused him not to enjoy his life and he is therefore asking or compensation worth 25,000 dollars for his medical bills. The stunt is one which the Nashville Predators use to entertain crowds who come to watch their games but this time it turned out badly as Adam hit the wall instead of going in to the bowling pins. The team did not give any comment when they were asked to give one.
- Pakistanis protest against Davis' release (Second Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- John Kerry gets a broken nose while playing hockey - Jan 26, 2012
- ISI-CIA deal clinched Davis release, US denies paying blood money (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Chinese court solves relationship riddle - Apr 01, 2011
- How to hit that perfect wrist shot while playing hockey - May 30, 2009
- Hockey fan refused $50,000 for his charity shot - Feb 18, 2011
- Cash awards flow in for miffed hockey players - Sep 14, 2011
- 'Mishandling of Davis case made Pakistan laughing stock' - Mar 21, 2011
- Now, "Superpuck" to solve disputes in football - Jan 30, 2010
- Saudi envoy comes up with 'Raymond Davis offer' to bail Pak, US - Mar 10, 2011
- Bringing Indian hockey back to 'consumer radar' - Nov 14, 2011
- Raymond Davis released by Pakistani court (Third Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Gayle will make a difference to this team: Ambrose - Jun 12, 2011
- We didn't bat intelligently towards the end: Gambhir - Apr 15, 2012
- 'Davis's release put Pakistan's head down with shame' - Mar 22, 2011