Hulk enjoys first Zenit training sessionSeptember 14th, 2012 - 1:06 pm ICT by IANS
St. Petersburg, Sep 14 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Brazil forward Hulk said his first training session at new club Zenit St. Petersburg went well.
Hulk’s €40 million move from Porto last week was the joint-biggest transfer in Russian football history.
“I’m very happy to arrive in St. Petersburg. The flight and the first training session with my new teammates went well,” Hulk said after arriving here Thursday.
Hulk, 26, said he wanted to win trophies with his new club.
“This is a new step in my career. I came here with a great desire to work, to score goals and to win titles with Zenit and I will use my best efforts for this,” he said.
Hulk added he was sure that the rest of the Zenit team including his former Porto teammate Bruno Alves would help him and fellow new signing Axel Witsel to adapt.
Hulk may debut for his new club Friday when Zenit will host Terek Grozny in a top-of-the-table clash in the Russian Premier League.
- Hulk and Witsel cost 40 millon euros each: Zenit - Sep 07, 2012
- Joining Zenit is another victory in my life: Hulk - Sep 04, 2012
- Spartak owner envies Zenit's Hulk, Witsel deals - Sep 06, 2012
- Hulk's Zenit move not certain - Aug 26, 2012
- Zenit thrash Spartak 5-0 - Aug 11, 2012
- Dynamo slump continues with defeat against Terek - Aug 19, 2012
- Zenit coach confirms interest in Nani - Aug 18, 2012
- Huszti to Return to Hannover - Jul 23, 2012
- Kerzhakov signs four-year extension at Zenit - Aug 18, 2012
- Rubin extends contract with Sharonov - Aug 19, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,