Host nations to set-up local organising committee for 2011 World CupMay 27th, 2009 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 27 (IANS) India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, the three host nations of the 2011 cricket World Cup, will set-up a local organising committee in their respective countries, it was decided by the 2011 World Cup sub-committee here Wednesday.
The meeting, which was held in the Cricket Centre at the Wankhede Stadium, was attended by International Cricket Council (ICC) officials, who briefed the committee on preparing an operational plan for the event. Officials of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh cricket board were also present.
“The ICC officials also gave a detailed presentation on the various heads of expenses, on the basis of which a joint consolidated event budget would be presented to the ICC Finance Committee,” said N. Srinivasan, secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
It was also decided that the launch of the 2011 ICC World Cup logo will take place July 14 here by Sharad Pawar, ICC vice-president and chairman of the 2011 central organising committee and ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat.
- ICC drops associate countries from 2015 World Cup - Apr 05, 2011
- ICC takes away India-England World Cup game from Eden Gardens (Roundup) - Jan 28, 2011
- ICC turns down BCCI's request; Eden's replacement by Jan 31 - Jan 29, 2011
- ICC increases participating teams for World Twenty20 - Apr 16, 2012
- Eden Gardens will not host India-England World Cup match (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Cricket World Cup tickets will be affordable - Dec 31, 2010
- ICC's new ODI league to commence after World Cup (Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- Pakistan unhappy with cricket's FTP - Dec 01, 2010
- Cricket World Cup trophy unveiled in Dhaka - Jan 10, 2010
- ICC makes further progress towards Test, ODI leagues - Dec 01, 2010
- India awarded original trophy, says ICC (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2011
- ICC CEO Lorgat to step down next year - Nov 22, 2011
- Sri Lanka interim cricket board dissolved - Jul 01, 2011
- ICC allows channels to cover final, cracks down on guidelines' breach (Roundup) - Apr 01, 2011
- ICC confirms Bangalore as venue for India-England match - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: bangladesh cricket board, budget, chief executive, cricket centre, cricket world cup, finance committee, host nations, icc world cup, india bcci, international cricket council, july 14, launch, local organising committee, operational plan, sharad pawar, sri lanka, srinivasan, vice president, wankhede stadium, world cup logo