Host nations don’t want 2011 World Cup matches in Pak : SLCCJune 24th, 2009 - 5:07 pm ICT by ANI
Colombo, June 24 (ANI): While the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is persuading the International Cricket Council (ICC) to overturn its decision of not allowing any World Cup matches in Pakistan, the Sri Lankan Cricket Committee (SLCC) has said that the other three host nations also want that Pakistan should not get any World Cup games.
The SLCC chairman, Somachandra de Silva said that the other three host nations, India, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh also agree with the ICC’s decision to not host any of the 2011 World Cup matches in Pakistan, as conditions there are not conducive for hosting international events.
De Silva said Pakistan’s proposal of hosting their share of matches at neutral venues is unacceptable.
“We also don’t agree to Pakistan’s proposal of them hosting their share of matches at neutral venues,” The Dawn quoted De Silva, as saying.
He asserted that the only host nations should have the right to decide the venues of the matches.
De Silva said Pakistan would be granted full hosting rights fees, despite them not hosting any game, and the other host countries would forego the hosting fees for Pakistan’s share of matches.
He also ruled out any possibility of shifting the World Cup from Asia to Australia and New Zealand as proposed by the PCB.
“The World Cup will not be shifted out of Asia at any cost,” De Silva said. (ANI)
- Pakistan's cricketing isolation can end in October - Feb 24, 2011
- PCB to receive 400,000 dollars for each World Cup match moved from Pakistan - Feb 04, 2011
- Pakistan mooting China as neutral venue for cricket - Dec 03, 2010
- PCB requests Sri Lankan board for full series Pak tour in 2011 - Feb 26, 2011
- Cricket World Cup trophy unveiled in Dhaka - Jan 10, 2010
- PCB to shun its legal war against ICC - Jul 25, 2009
- Sri Lanka refuse to tour Pakistan - May 24, 2011
- Pakistan to have full-fledged Bangladesh tour in December-January - Apr 23, 2011
- Sri Lanka to end Pakistan's cricketing isolation with October series in country - Feb 25, 2011
- PCB rejects reports of withdrawing legal notice against ICC - Jul 26, 2009
- PCB rules out hosting its 2011 World Cup matches on neutral venues - Jul 31, 2009
- PCB chief Ijaz Butt not to attend World Cup 2011 logo unveiling ceremony - Jul 13, 2009
- Pak to play more 'home' series at neutral venues 'until security situation is clear': Subhan - Dec 26, 2010
- PCB seeks legal advice on attending 2011 World Cup logo unveiling ceremony - Jul 12, 2009
- PCB still hopes to persuade ICC to allow Pakistan host 2011 World Cup matches - Jun 27, 2009
Tags: asia, australia and new zealand, bangladesh, colombo, dawn, de silva, host countries, host nations, India, international cricket council, june 24, neutral venues, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, proposal, slcc, sri lanka, sri lankan cricket, world cup games, world cup matches