Honda Accord Euro wins Australias top motoring awardJanuary 20th, 2009 - 5:14 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan.20 (ANI): The Honda Accord Euro has won Australia’’s most prized motoring award being named Wheels magazine’’s car of the year. The car was today declared the best new release of 2008 with the judges saying it delivered an exceptional package of driver satisfaction, passenger comfort and all-round user-friendliness.
According to Fox Sports, the judge started with 35 eligible models, short listed 18 for a week of final evaluation, including tests at Ford’’s You Yangs proving ground near Geelong.
“Dynamically, the Honda Accord Euro is outstanding. It has satisfied our exhaustive criteria better than any other contender and the judging panel has referred to the vehicle as Euro sophistication at just 60 per cent of the price,”” Wheels editor Ged Bulmer was quoted, as saying.
The judging panel tested the finalists according to a range of criteria including function, technology, efficiency, safety, and value.
The final shortlist of cars included the Honda Accord Euro, BMW X6, Chrysler Grand Voyager, Jeep Cherokee, Lexus LX570, Volvo XC70, Audi A4, Volkswagen Tiguan, and Mazda 6.
The cars to make the final four were the Accord Euro, Audi A4, Volkswagen Tiguan and the Mazda 6. (ANI)
- Audi to relaunch car production in Russia in 2013 - Aug 30, 2012
- A Pakistani man with a passion for toy cars - Jun 13, 2011
- Japanese cars voted most reliable by UK magazine - Jul 22, 2010
- The Safest cars for 2011 - Nov 15, 2010
- Record vehicle recalls this year - Aug 18, 2010
- 'Lexus car is most likely to be attacked by vandal' - Apr 23, 2011
- Now, futuristic car that uses body as battery - Sep 28, 2010
- BMW Drivers are Named the UK's Angriest Motorists - Oct 16, 2010
- Audi launches business edition of SUV Q5 - Aug 23, 2011
- Audi set to acquire Ducati Motor - Apr 20, 2012
- Audi launches the new A6 sedan - Aug 03, 2011
- Aditya Patel tests Audi in Germany - Dec 02, 2011
- Eight cars go up in flames in Moscow - Jun 02, 2011
- Audi India to launch new models, ramp up network - Jan 17, 2011
- Edinburgh 'best place to visit in UK' - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: audi a4, bmw x6, car of the year, chrysler grand voyager, driver satisfaction, eligible models, final four, fox sports, geelong, grand voyager, honda accord, honda accord euro, jeep cherokee, lexus lx570, mazda 6, proving ground, shortlist, volkswagen tiguan, volvo xc70, wheels magazine