Hodgson says he has backing of Liverpool players and ownersJanuary 2nd, 2011 - 5:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 2 (ANI): Under fire Liverpool coach Roy Hodgson has said the club owners wished him well before the game against Bolton at Anfield., and added that he had the backing of players at the club.
A last-minute victory temporarily lifted the threat of dismissal that has hung over Hodgson.
He embraced by almost every one of his players following the 2-1 victory over Bolton, The Guardian reports.
“I know when players are behind a club and behind their manager and when they are not,” said Hodgson, who had endured internet polls suggesting that 95 percent of Liverpool supporters wanted him sacked after 1-0 home defeat by Wolverhampton WanderersWolves.
“Anyone who seriously suggests that after watching us play in these six months [of his tenure] that there are any problems on this front is being dishonest. I am satisfied that the team gave the performance that they want, that I want and the fans want,” he said.
The club’s principal owners, John W Henry and Tom Werner, are against installing an interim manager before the summer.
Hodgson said: “I guess so. I spoke to them before the game. They wished me well and sympathised with the frustration I felt after the defeat to Wolves,” said Hodgson when asked if he still enjoyed Henry and Werner’s support. (ANI)
- Liverpool in chaos after no news on Hodgson's future - Jan 08, 2011
- Dalglish wants final say on all Liverpool transfer deals - May 04, 2011
- Liverpool boss Hodgson delivers farewell speech - Jan 07, 2011
- Felt hurt and wounded at Liverpool: Hodgson - Feb 15, 2011
- Furious Hodgson not to condemn Capello after Gerrard's plea - Nov 20, 2010
- Liverpool sack manager Roy Hodgson, Dalglish returns - Jan 08, 2011
- Roy Hodgson to take over as England soccer manager - May 02, 2012
- Kenny Dalglish reckons his return can give Liverpool push towards derby glory - Jan 15, 2011
- Chelsea's 'record signing non-performing' star Torres could face the axe: Ancelotti - Apr 09, 2011
- Liverpool moving in right direction under King Kenny - Jan 18, 2011
- Liverpool unveil Rodgers as new manager - Jun 01, 2012
- Liverpool chairman Werner backs coach Dalglish for full-time role - Jan 20, 2011
- Torres calls Liverpool a 'selling club' - Mar 12, 2011
- Liverpool ask Dalglish to look for Benitez's successor - Jun 04, 2010
- Tottenham could sell Gareth Bale - Apr 10, 2011
Tags: anfield, bolton, coach, frustration, game, guardian reports, interim manager, internet polls, liverpool supporters, london jan, minute victory, principal owners, roy hodgson, six months, tenure, tom werner, wolves