Hodge powers Tuskers to thumping victory against Rajasthan Royals (Lead)May 16th, 2011 - 12:29 am ICT by IANS
Indore, May 15 (IANS) Brad Hodge’s all-round performance saw Kochi Tuskers thump Rajasthan Royals by eight wickets in the Indian Premier League (IPL) here Sunday.
Kochi Tuskers first bowled out Rajasthan Royals for 97 in 18.3 overs with Hodge taking four wickets. They then raced to the target in just 7.2 overs with the help of seven sixes. Hodge top scored with 33 off 17 balls, slamming two sixes.
Brendon McCullum (29) and Parthiv Patel (21) also scored at a quick pace.
Rajasthan Royals, who made as many as six changes to the side, struggled with their batting. S.Sreesanth took two wickets at the top and Rajasthan Royals were reduced to 26 for three.
Shane Watson hit some lusty blows, smashing three sixes in his 13-ball 20, but could not carry the momentum. Left-hand seamer Prasanth Parameswaran (2-20) bowled Watson in the 9th. Watson and Ashok Menaria (31), who has been the most consistent batsman for Rajasthan Royals, put up 37 runs for the fourth wicket. But once the partnership was broken, the rest of the batting caved in.
With this loss, Rajasthan Royals are out of contention for the play-offs. They have 11 points from 13 matches. Kochi Tuskers have a slim chances of making the cut depending on how other top five teams perform. They are at sixth place with 12 points from 13 matches. Tuskers wil take on Chennai Super Kings in their last match.
- Gayle powers RCB to victory over Kochi Tuskers (Roundup) - May 08, 2011
- Gayle, Dilshan power RCB to nine-wicket win over Tuskers (Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Warne takes three, Rajasthan Royals thrash Kochi Tuskers (Lead) - Apr 25, 2011
- Tuskers bounce back with emphatic win over Delhi Daredevils (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- IPL scoreboard: Delhi Daredevils vs Kochi Tuskers - May 03, 2011
- Morkel, Srikanth heroics give Super Kings four-wicket win (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- De Villiers stars in Royal Challengers' victory over Kochi Tuskers - Apr 10, 2011
- Mishra stars in Pune Warriors's win over Kochi Tuskers (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- Rajasthan Royals thrash Kings XI Punjab by 43 runs (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Super Kings will look to sustaining winning streak at home - May 17, 2011
- Chargers restrict Rajasthan Royals to lowest total (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- IPL Scoreboard: Kochi Tuskers vs Kolkata Knight Riders - May 05, 2011
- Pune Warriors beat Kochi Tuskers by 4 wickets in IPL - Apr 14, 2011
- CSK beat Kochi Tuskers, enter IPL play-offs (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Rajasthan thrash Pune to keep playoff hopes alive (Lead) - May 08, 2012
Tags: ashok, balls, batsman, brendon mccullum, contention, eight wickets, four wickets, ipl, last match, momentum, parthiv patel, play offs, prasanth, premier league, s sreesanth, shane watson, slim chances, target, two sixes, wicket