Hockey World Cup: India go down 2-5 against AustraliaMarch 3rd, 2010 - 12:21 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 2(ANI): Indian hockey team on Tuesday lost to Australia 5-2 in the Pool B match of the Hockey World Cup at Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in the national capital.
The Australians dominated Team India throughout the game, as Glenn Turner scored two goals, and Liam De Young, Luke Doerner and Desmond Abbott scored a goal each.
The two goals for the hosts were scored by Vikram Pillay and skipper Rajpal Singh.
The Indian players failed to maintain the momentum, which they gained from their first match against Pakistan and had the worst possible start to this skirmish, going down 2-0 within the first 10 minutes of the contest.
Australia made three successive goals in the first half, India fought desparately and managed one goal just before the half time.
Australian side goaled twice again in the second half. (ANI)
- Hockey World Cup: Australia outplay India 5-2 - Mar 02, 2010
- Australia lead India 3-1 at half time - Mar 02, 2010
- List of scorers at Hockey World Cup - Mar 05, 2010
- Australia too good for India in Hockey World Cup (Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Australia crush South Africa 12-0, set a record (Lead) - Mar 04, 2010
- Doerner, Taekema top goal scorers in Hockey World Cup - Mar 14, 2010
- Australia hammer South Africa 12-0 - Mar 04, 2010
- CWG men's hockey: Oz thrash India 5-2 - Oct 07, 2010
- India cave in to Australia, Pakistan get past Spain (Roundup) - Mar 03, 2010
- CWG men's hockey: Australia blank India 8-0 to claim gold (Lead) - Oct 14, 2010
- Hockey World Cup: Australia beat Spain 2-0 - Mar 06, 2010
- Australia do enough to beat lacklustre Spain (Lead) - Mar 06, 2010
- CWG men's hockey: World champions Australia trounce India 8-0 - Oct 14, 2010
- CWG hockey: India lost the plot early in the game - Oct 07, 2010
- CWG hockey: India need to tighten defence in final against Australia - Oct 13, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,