Hockey umpire Satinder Kumar receives Golden Whistle awardNovember 10th, 2009 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 10 (IANS) Satinder Kumar has become the first Indian hockey umpire to receive the International Hockey Federation’s (FIH) Golden Whistle award for officiating in 100 international matches.
The award is presented to umpires who have completed 100 official international matches.
Satinder stood in his 100th match at the ongoing World Cup qualifier in Invercargill, New Zealand Monday.
Satinder made his debut in 2000. He continued to impress and was selected on the world panel in 2002.
Satinder becomes the 29th male umpire to receive the award.
His career highlights are as follows:
Olympic Games: Athens (2004) and Beijing (2008)
World Cups: Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia, 2002) and Monchengladbach (Germany, 2006)
Champions Trophies: Cologne (Germany, 2002); Chennai (India, 2005); Terrassa (Spain, 2006); Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia,2007) and Rotterdam (The Netherlands, 2008).
- Indian team announced for junior women's Asia Cup - Jun 05, 2012
- Dywer, Aymar win international hockey awards - Nov 13, 2010
- Dwyer receives FIH 'Player of the year' award - Dec 10, 2011
- HI charges IHF with sabotaging India's Olympic preparations - Oct 07, 2011
- India's stormy World Cup in Kuala Lumpur (Tenth of the series on World Cup) - Feb 23, 2010
- Nuremberg stun Monchengladbach in Bundesliga - Mar 05, 2012
- Monchengladbach beat Cologne in Bundesliga - Apr 16, 2012
- Hockey players differ on referrals - Feb 28, 2010
- Shivendra case: No-one to speak up for India (Comment) - Mar 02, 2010
- FIH to launch World League - Feb 22, 2011
- Two Indian hockey officials to officiate in 2012 Olympics - Dec 28, 2011
- Difficult, tricky outing for India against South Africa (Preview of India's group) - Feb 25, 2010
- The 107 caps of Bhaichung Bhutia (Career statistics) - Aug 24, 2011
- FIH to continue with video umpire referrals in World Cup - Feb 12, 2010
- Crowning glory for India at 1975 Kuala Lumpur World Cup (Third of the series on Hockey World Cup) - Feb 16, 2010
Tags: athens 2004, beijing 2008, chennai india, cologne germany, fih, germany 2006, indian hockey, international hockey federation, invercargill new zealand, kuala lumpur malaysia, monchengladbach germany, New Delhi, olympic games, olympic games athens, rotterdam, terrassa, trophies, umpire, world cup qualifier, world cups