Hockey tour to India in Pak Governments hand, says PHF chiefDecember 20th, 2008 - 1:26 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, Dec.20 (ANI): Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) chief Qasim Zia has said that the final decision on whether to send their national hockey team on a tour to India rests on the government.
He said that the PHF will abide by the decision of the government.
Pakistan teams tour of India would depend on the final decision from the government and if government allows, the team would tour as per schedule, the News quoted Zia, as saying.
Earlier, Pakistan Sports Minister Aftab Shah Jilani had expressed that the PHF should not sent Pakistan hockey team on Indian tour, as the Indian government didnt allow its cricket team to tour Pakistan. The Indian cricket tour of Pakistan scheduled for early next year was cancelled due to security concerns in the wake of the Mumbai terror attacks. (ANI)
- Pakistan orders probe into hockey team's poor performance - Jun 06, 2012
- Pakistan all set to cancel hockey team's India visit - Dec 19, 2008
- Pakistan recall rebel hockey players for Euro tour - Jun 08, 2012
- Pakistan delegation to visit India for hockey revival - Aug 28, 2012
- PHF patron Malik to work for Indo-Pak hockey series resumption - Apr 20, 2011
- pakistan fines rebel hockey players, spares them ban - May 31, 2012
- No green signal for Indian hockey team's tour to Pakistan - Apr 04, 2012
- Pakistan confident of resuming international hockey during 2011 - Apr 27, 2011
- Shakeel Abbasi to lead Pakistan hockey team, Sohail Abbas back - Oct 11, 2011
- Pakistan keen on reviving hockey series with India - Oct 28, 2010
- Indian hockey team likely to tour Pakistan at 2011 end: Asif Bajwa - Apr 09, 2011
- Pakistan hockey chief says keen on bilateral ties with India - Oct 11, 2011
- PHF warns players to stay away from World Series Hockey - Nov 15, 2011
- Pakistan's former Olympians protest against hockey federation - Jun 12, 2012
- Pakistan may send hockey team to India - Jan 02, 2009
Tags: aftab, cricket team, cricket tour, final decision, governments, hockey federation, hockey tour, India, indian cricket, indian government, kuala lumpur, mumbai terror attack, national hockey team, pakistan sports, phf, qasim, security concerns, shah jilani, terror attacks, zia