Hockey India to revive senior national championshipJune 11th, 2009 - 1:34 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) The newly-formed Hockey India (HI) met here Wednesday and decided to revive the senior national championships.
“The executive council of Hockey India met and unanimously decided to hold the event in Pune September 13-27,” secretary general Aslam Khan said in a statement.
There was a similar attempt to revive the championship last year by the Indian Olympic Association ad hoc commitee for hockey, but it was later cancelled.
HI also decided to ask all the states and union territories to create athletes commissions comprising former internationals from their regions.
- Reinstated by court, Gill vows to be back in action - May 21, 2010
- Aslam quits HI, blames IOA officials for poll delay - Nov 13, 2009
- FIH to continue recognising Hockey India - Nov 12, 2011
- Aslam Sher Khan elected president of Olympian Association - Dec 13, 2011
- Hockey India says it will hold election next month - Jun 14, 2010
- Hockey India inducts Hockey Bhopal in its fold - Sep 13, 2012
- No problem if WSH is held after Olympic qualifiers: Chettri - Dec 06, 2011
- Pakistan delegation to visit India for hockey revival - Aug 28, 2012
- Australian Nobbs is India's hockey coach - Jun 29, 2011
- Hockey India to appoint foreign expert - Jun 01, 2011
- World Series Hockey postponed to Feb 29 - Dec 12, 2011
- WSH organisers want government to mediate with HI - Dec 10, 2011
- Cuban Fernandez, Yashvir to get Dronacharya Award - Aug 24, 2012
- Senior national hockey championship in Bhopal June 10-19 - May 26, 2011
- Sports ministry to evaluate HI-IHF power sharing formula - Aug 04, 2011
Tags: aslam khan, commissions, executive council, India, indian olympic association, internationals, national championship, national championships, New Delhi, pune, secretary general, september 13, union territories