Hockey India signs 28 domestic players for pro-leagueJune 8th, 2012 - 6:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 8 (IANS) Top Indian forwards Shivendra Singh, Tushar Khandekar and Yuvraj Walmiki, besides 25 others, signed up for the inaugural cash-rich professional league of Hockey India (HI) that starts next year.
Shivendra was the first to sign the contract followed by Tushar and Yuvraj for the ambitious professional league that will hit-in during January-February next year with six city-based teams to start with. The 30-day tournament will start from first or second week of January.
Each franchise will have a budget of Rs.3 crore to form a 24-member squad, comprising 10 overseas and 14 domestic players who will be bought in auction.
HI has created a pool of 96 domestic players, who will be taking part in the league. HI’s league will also enjoy the approval of the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
- Hockey India's league in January with six teams - Jun 01, 2012
- Sahara pick up Lucknow franchise of HI League - Jul 23, 2012
- 90 Indian players sign up for Hockey India league - Sep 12, 2012
- Six top Indian hockey players pull out of WSH - Nov 30, 2011
- 'HI has to deal with players appearing in World Series Hockey' - May 11, 2011
- Six more Indian hockey players pull out of WSH - Dec 01, 2011
- India Cements eyes Hockey India League franchise - Sep 18, 2012
- Virtually entire hockey squad in WSH list - Nov 17, 2011
- FIH looks at India as a major hockey hub - May 11, 2011
- IHF, Nimbus launch ambitious World Series Hockey - Dec 28, 2010
- 32 hockey players named for central contracts - Jun 08, 2012
- WSH gets National Stadium, Olympic camps shifted out - Dec 02, 2011
- HI charges IHF with sabotaging India's Olympic preparations - Oct 07, 2011
- Chetri to lead hockey team in Champions Challenge - Nov 18, 2011
- Rajpal retained among 32 hockey probables for Olympic qualifiers - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,