Hockey India acting in undemocratic manner: Roy to NegreJuly 28th, 2009 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 28 (IANS) Bengal Hockey Association (BHA) president J.B. Roy met International Hockey Federation (FIH) president Leandro Negre and asked him to restrain Hockey India from adopting “undemocratic” ways in its bid to set up an elected body to run the sport in the country.
Roy and disbanded Indian Women’s Hockey Federation (IWHF) secretary Amrit Bose jointly made an appeal to the FIH chief.
“Roy and Bose informed Negre of the autocratic manner in which the Indian Olympic Association was administering the game,” BHA said in a statement.
“It was pointed out to him that the IOA was interfering in the democratic process by announcing a three member committee to form the state bodies.”
“IOA was making a mockery of democracy and natural justice, something that went against the spirit of the FIH,” Roy said.
“Negre has assured that he would ensure that the elections to run Hockey India would be conducted in a fully democratic manner by October this year,” he said.
Roy also said that a five member delegation would meet the President of the International Olympic Committee, Jacques Rogge, in Lausanne in the matter.
- Roy wants FIH to reconsider recognition to Hockey India - Jun 17, 2009
- Over 50 state hockey units to meet at Aamby Valley - Jun 12, 2009
- FIH president Negre to meet HI, IHF next week - Apr 07, 2012
- IWHF springs to life and questions HI's legitimacy - Jun 10, 2010
- IHF, IWHF call special general meeting for merger - Aug 11, 2010
- IOA convenes HI-IHF meeting to address issues raised by FIH - Sep 30, 2011
- FIH to continue recognising Hockey India - Nov 12, 2011
- FIH asks sports ministry to recognise only Hockey India - Sep 29, 2011
- IWHF says it is initiating "merger" process with IHF - Jun 12, 2010
- Sports ministry to evaluate HI-IHF power sharing formula - Aug 04, 2011
- IOA president criticises FIH for taking away Champions Trophy from India - Sep 13, 2011
- FIH decision unfortunate,uncalled for: IOA - Sep 06, 2011
- Delhi to host Champions Trophy, Olympic qualifiers - Feb 05, 2011
- FIH chief says elected HI will be in place soon - Nov 20, 2009
- J.B. Roy led hockey faction flexes its muscles - Jun 15, 2009
Tags: amrit, bha, chief roy, democratic manner, fih, hockey association, indian olympic association, indian women, international hockey federation, international olympic committee, ioa, jacques rogge, member committee, member delegation, mockery, natural justice, negre, president of the international olympic committee, state bodies, undemocratic manner