Hockey fan refused $50,000 for his charity shotFebruary 18th, 2011 - 12:00 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Indiana, Feb 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) When Richard Marsh was randomly pulled from the fans in Indiana to make an impossible shot during a hockey game, many people didn’t think he would be able to do it.
The officials had a very ‘mouth watering’ prize for anyone who could do that particular shot. It almost seemed impossible because the person was required to hit a 3-inch hockey puck into a little over 3-inch hole that is 175 feet away. Not many people would even be able to see the hole.
At the break during a minor hockey league game, Marsh was given the opportunity to try his luck. Just before the shot, he was asked what he would do if he gets the $50,000 prize money. He said he would be donating it to the St. Vincent Heart Center. That was a very noble idea.
And nobler was the shot. Marsh did the almost impossible of getting the puck into the hole. The feat shocked the fans and the officials at the stadium. When it was time for the officials to fulfill their part of the bargain, the insurance company that had to come up with the money said that the shot was ‘illegal’ because Marsh had his foot over the line.
- Human hockey puck sues organisers - Aug 10, 2012
- John Kerry gets a broken nose while playing hockey - Jan 26, 2012
- Now, "Superpuck" to solve disputes in football - Jan 30, 2010
- Nimbus loses BCCI telecast rights, puts off hockey league (Roundup) - Dec 12, 2011
- IHF, Nimbus launch ambitious World Series Hockey - Dec 28, 2010
- Bringing Indian hockey back to 'consumer radar' - Nov 14, 2011
- Top Pakistan hockey players want to play in Indian league - Dec 29, 2010
- Pakistan will return empty-handed from Olympics: Experts - Jul 30, 2012
- Qualifying for Olympics a big challenge: Pargat - Jun 01, 2011
- Kym Marsh jumps to Brooke Vincent's defense - Sep 13, 2011
- Nobel Prize for Chemistry awarded to Richard F. Heck, Suzuki and Negishi - Oct 06, 2010
- Louis Philippe Cup golf: Ahmedabad win cash prize - Mar 10, 2012
- Cricketers urged to boycott T20 Champions League - Mar 09, 2011
- Strike last option for Australian cricketers - Jun 04, 2012
- Congratulations pour in for Sehwag - Dec 09, 2011
Tags: bargain, charity, heart center, hockey fan, hockey game, hockey puck, inch hole, insurance, insurance company, league game, minor hockey league, noble idea, prize money, richard marsh, st vincent