Hindustan Latex to develop medial integrated devicesAugust 21st, 2008 - 4:21 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 21 (ANI): Hindustan Latex Limited (HLL), a mini ratna Company under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Government of India, today signed a memorandum of agreement with Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS) for the development of its Integrated Medical Devices and Diagnostic Manufacturing Park, MediPark.
HLL also signed memorandum of agreement with NNE Pharmaplan for its Integrated Vaccine Complex, to be set up at Chengalpet near Chennai in Tamil Nadu.
The MOU was signed by Chairman and Managing Director of HLL, M. Ayyappan, with the representatives of the respective project management consultants, IL&FS and NNE Pharmaplan in the Chamber of the Union Secretary, Health and Family Welfare, Naresh Dayal.
The MediPark being set up by HLL will be a world class production facility for manufacture of medical devices, medical equipments and medical diagnostics, in over 330 acres of land.
The Integrated Vaccine Complex will be set up in about 100 acres of land. The complex will house a production facility for vaccines for the universal immunization programme and other new generation vaccines, and vaccine R&D, in accordance with WHO-cGMP guidelines, to make safe and effective vaccines available at affordable prices.
With growing demand from pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors in India, the medical devices and equipment industry is witnessing a vibrant growth with an estimated market turnover of Rs 2500 crore and is projected to grow at 15 per cent annually. (ANI)
- Hindustan Latex to manufacture medical devices - Aug 21, 2008
- Hindustan Latex ties up with Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology - Oct 21, 2008
- HLL Lifecare floats subsidiary for vaccine complex - Apr 30, 2012
- Condom maker HLL setting up vaccine project - Jan 15, 2010
- HLL Lifecare denies controversy over vaccine complex - Mar 09, 2009
- Kerala health firm's vaccine project mentioned in budget - Mar 16, 2012
- HLL Lifecare opens one-stop medical outlet in Kerala - Sep 30, 2011
- HLL launching affordable diagnostic kits - Aug 07, 2012
- HLL Lifecare launches herbal products - Dec 22, 2011
- HLL Lifecare ties up with IGNOU to offer two courses - Jan 01, 2011
- HLL ties up with IGNOU for healthcare education - Nov 12, 2011
- After condoms, HLL Life Care now turns to sanitary napkins - Nov 07, 2011
- India's first medical technology park opens in Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Jan 25, 2010
- Natural gas to power HLL Lifecare factories - Jul 07, 2011
- India's first medical technology park opens in Tamil Nadu - Jan 25, 2010
Tags: cgmp guidelines, healthcare sectors, market turnover, memorandum of agreement, ministry of health and family welfare, new generation vaccines, pharmaplan, project management consultants, universal immunization, vibrant growth