Hilfenhaus to replace injured Lee in Australian ODI squadFebruary 6th, 2012 - 3:28 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, Feb 6 (IANS) In-form Test bowler Ben Hilfenhaus has replaced Brett Lee in the Australia ODI squad for the ongoing cricket tri-series involving India and Sri Lanka.
Lee has been ruled out for four to six weeks after suffering a broken toe in Friday night’s Twenty20 loss to India at the MCG. He also missed Sunday’s ODI against India at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) that Australia won by 65 runs via the Duckworth Lewis Method.
Hilfenhaus will join the squad for Friday’s match against Sri Lanka in Perth.
“The bowling attack for Perth is likely to be the same as the one that did so well in Melbourne and Ben will be in Perth to provide cover,” chairman of selectors John Inverarity said in a statement Monday.
Hilfenhaus was the highest wicket-taker in Australia’s 4-0 Test series domination of India. He finished with 27 scalps at an average of 17.22.
- Australia recall Pattinson, drop Harris - Feb 28, 2012
- Ponting axed from Australia's ODI squad, Watson returns - Feb 20, 2012
- Lee ruled out of tri-series with broken toe - Feb 05, 2012
- India 161 all out at Perth - Jan 13, 2012
- Clarke likely to sit out of MCG ODI - Feb 29, 2012
- Harris, Starc dropped from Windies tour, Haddin recalled - Feb 29, 2012
- Australia trail India by 12 runs at stumps - Jan 13, 2012
- Veteran Hogg recalled to Australia's Twenty20 squad - Jan 23, 2012
- 'Ponting contemplating retirement from ODIs' - Feb 20, 2012
- Chennai pick four foreign players, KKR two - Apr 08, 2011
- Maxwell gets Australian team call-up - Jul 16, 2012
- Australia drop Marsh, rest Haddin for ODI tri-series - Jan 30, 2012
- Cricket Australia reinstate tri-series with India and Sri Lanka - Jun 14, 2011
- Forrest, Wade in Australia's Test squad; Haddin retained - Mar 14, 2012
- Australia recall Hilfenhaus, Cowan set for Test debut against India - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: bowling, brett lee, broken toe, domination, duckworth lewis method, friday night, match, mcg, melbourne cricket ground, odi squad, perth, scalps, selectors, six weeks, sri lanka, test bowler, test series, tri series, twenty20, wicket taker