Hiddink says will stay at Chelsea only till summerFebruary 20th, 2009 - 5:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb.20 (ANI): Dutch-born football coach Guus Hiddink has stressed that he will leave Chelsea in the summer but will give everything he has to win the Premier League title from Manchester United. Addressing his first press conference since replacing Brazils Luiz Felipe Scolari as coach at Stamford Bridge, Hiddink reiterated that he would return to his international duties with Russia when the season is over.
Hiddink faces a tough away trip to Aston Villa in his first match in charge on Saturday lunchtime. Villa would go five points clear of fourth-placed Chelsea if they can avenge a 2-0 loss at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season and Hiddink is eager to get his Chelsea tenure off to a winning start.
The Dutchman, who oversaw Chelsea’’s comeback FA Cup win over Watford in the FA Cup last weekend, is well aware of the urgent need to get the club’’s season back in order.
“I will help out until the end of the season, only to the end of the season. I have my full-time commitment with the Russian federation which I will fulfil,” he said. “I will go back in March and also at the end of May,” The Telegraph quoted him, as saying.
“Of course my role is a challenge, although time is limited. We are still in three competitions - Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup,” he said.
Hiddink will juggle his duties with Russia while holding down his position at Chelsea. (ANI)
- Hiddink expected to join Chelsea soon - Jun 04, 2011
- Hiddink could make a Premier League return next season - Feb 14, 2010
- Chelsea confident of getting Hiddink - May 24, 2011
- Chelsea on alert eyeing Hiddink's possible return - Mar 23, 2011
- 'Dangerous' Russia to qualify from group: Hiddink - Jun 10, 2012
- Villas-Boas appointed Tottenham manager - Jul 03, 2012
- Chelsea manager Villas-Boas gets the sack - Mar 04, 2012
- Hiddink rules out return to Stamford Bridge, suggests two Blues coaches - Apr 17, 2011
- Tottenham faces exodus of players, warns Ancelotti - Apr 30, 2011
- Hiddink to coach Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala - Dec 21, 2011
- Chelsea still in race to win the league, says Hiddink - Feb 13, 2009
- Bird drops poo on Sky Sports News reporter Ian Bolton live on air - Oct 25, 2011
- Chelsea boss hints at summer overhaul - Feb 18, 2012
- Ancelotti to face Abramovich inquest even if Chelsea wins double - May 05, 2010
- Fatigue and injury problems for Spain - Jun 02, 2012
Tags: champions league, chelsea, competitions, dutchman, fa cup, felipe scolari, five points, football coach, league champions, london feb, luiz felipe, lunchtime, manchester united, premier league, russian federation, stamford bridge, summer london, tenure, time commitment, watford