Hiddink rules out return to Stamford Bridge, suggests two Blues coachesApril 17th, 2011 - 1:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr. 17 (ANI): Guus Hiddink will nominate fellow Dutchmen Marco van Basten and Frank Rijkaard as potential successors to Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti instead of making himself available.
According to the Daily Mail, Hiddink, the coach of Turkey, prefers being an international manager instead of having the day-to-day responsibilities of a club coach.
He may fill the role of sporting director, which will be vacated when Frank Arnsesen leaves for SV Hamburg this summer.However, Hiddink just might be persuaded to take over given the close ties he has always maintained with owner Roman Abramovich.
Hiddink answered the call from Abramovich when Luiz Felipe Scolari was sacked in February 2009, taking the reins until the end of that season.
But he and his partner, Liesbeth Pinas, value the relative privacy and normal lives they can enjoy in Amsterdam, afforded to them by international management.Hiddink would also be reluctant to break his contract with Turkey before the Euro 2012 qualifiers end in November, meaning that replacing Arnesen as sporting director in the autumn would suit him better.
Hiddink knows Chelsea’s situation well. Following his six-month tenure there, he was asked to review the management structure and compiled a report for Abramovich, recommending that he retain key backroom staff and try to bring stability. (ANI)
- For Abramovich, it could be Dutch on coach selection - Apr 14, 2011
- Guus Hiddink rules out dramatic Chelsea comeback - Apr 15, 2011
- Chelsea confident of getting Hiddink - May 24, 2011
- Chelsea on alert eyeing Hiddink's possible return - Mar 23, 2011
- Hiddink expected to join Chelsea soon - Jun 04, 2011
- Ancelotti is new Chelsea coach - Jun 01, 2009
- Capello to live in Russia if chosen as coach - Jul 14, 2012
- Hiddink to coach Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala - Dec 21, 2011
- Chelsea sack Ancelotti as manager - May 23, 2011
- Chelsea caretaker coach could net 2.5 million pounds for four months work - Feb 11, 2009
- Ancelotti to face Abramovich inquest even if Chelsea wins double - May 05, 2010
- Ancelotti ready to take over as Chelsea's new coach - Apr 09, 2009
- Hiddink named head coach of Russia's Anzhi - Feb 18, 2012
- Hiddink front-runner to see Chelsea through the season (Lead) - Feb 10, 2009
- Quite a few names emerge to fill for Scolari - Feb 10, 2009
Tags: arnesen, backroom staff, carlo ancelotti, close ties, club coach, daily mail, euro 2012, frank rijkaard, guus hiddink, international management, luiz felipe scolari, management structure, marco van basten, owner roman abramovich, potential successors, reins, relative privacy, stamford bridge, sv hamburg, tenure