Hiddink challenges ManU to cope up with Premier League pressureMarch 4th, 2009 - 6:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 4 (ANI): Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink has challenged Manchester United to cope with the Premier League pressure after his clubs gritty win.
The Blues are now four points behind the Manchester United after Didier Drogbas winner saw off Portsmouth 1-0.
Hiddink insists that his side will keep United on their toes, and said: Its important to win. If we want to keep up the pressure we must win.
Rafa Benitez also turned up the heat after goals from David Ngog and Yossi Benayoun helped Liverpool beat Sunderland 2-0 at Anfield, The Sun reported.
We have to keep going. It will be difficult but we still have our chances. United is an experienced team, of course. But its good, for everyone I think, in this championship to have the pressure on the side at the top, Benitez said.
Hiddink saw the Drogba bag his second goal in a week after scoring the winner against Juventus last Wednesday.
He was very happy with his goal. He knows also that he did not score many goals so far this season. It gets rid of the tension that a player might have. When a player is playing in that position but not scoring, then it gets to him. That was an emotional explosion, Hiddink said.
Didier is making the difference in the last few games. As long as he is so committed and Im convinced he will be because hes enjoying it then hell make goals as well. (ANI)
- Drogba strikes to keep Chelsea dream alive - Mar 04, 2009
- Tough task for Liverpool to keep Torres - May 04, 2010
- Manchester United maintain lead over Liverpool - Apr 12, 2009
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Draw casts Liverpool deeper into gloom - Nov 10, 2009
- Liverpool stunned by Reading in FA Cup third round - Jan 14, 2010
- Chelsea and City maintain flying starts - Sep 13, 2009
- Morale is the key to Drogba, says Hiddink - Mar 05, 2009
- Ancelotti concedes his Chelsea future doubtful after playing 'out of form' Torres - Apr 13, 2011
- Chelsea maintain momentum; United second as Arsenal beaten - Nov 22, 2009
- Chelsea lose at home to Villa - Jan 01, 2012
- Dangerous Torres turning up heat on Liverpool's top-four rivals - Apr 10, 2010
- Liverpool title challenge still on, says Rafa Benitez - Oct 05, 2009
- 'Chelsea finding bad spell hard to live with', says Drogba - Feb 09, 2011
- Fergie, Benitez criticize Premier League for timing of end-of-season fixtures - May 01, 2010