Henry’s return could see boost in Arsenal’s confidenceJanuary 12th, 2011 - 4:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 12 (ANI): Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has said that striker Thierry Henry’s return could see his young team bursting with extra confidence.
Arsenal legend Henry is training with his former side until January 19 before heading back for pre-season with New York Red Bulls.
Henry, who left for Barcelona in 2007, helped lift the atmosphere at Arsenal after Saturday’s 1-1 FA Cup draw with Leeds.
“We are happy to speak with him every day. He is in the dressing room with the players and they are happy to have him back. He sees as well how much they have evolved since he left the club,” The Sun quoted Henry, as saying.
“He can help them to have confidence. He is a very intelligent boy who has massive experience. He can help the players in the dressing room and that is what he does. But we are happy to help him to get fit and he is happy to be here,” he said.
“He was one of the greatest players this club has ever had and has done a huge service to this club. The only way we can pay him back is always to be welcoming, as we are with all our former players when they want to get fit,” Wenger said.
Wenger, who watched Ipswich routed 7-0 in the FA Cup at Chelsea on Sunday, is looking at the Carling Cup as an ideal chance to get back on winning trophies. (ANI)
- Wenger hopes Henry's presence can inspire Gunners - Nov 18, 2011
- Henry fires Arsenal into the 4th round of FA Cup - Jan 10, 2012
- Wenger confirms Thierry Henry's return - Dec 30, 2011
- Henry offered two-month contract by Arsenal - Dec 29, 2011
- Henry gets into altercation with Arsenal fan - Jan 16, 2012
- Nasri is the new Thierry Henry: Wenger - Dec 08, 2010
- Thierry Henry coaching Arsenal's strikers - Jan 10, 2011
- Wenger says Arsenal stars need to shape up or pay the price - Jan 19, 2011
- Arsenal's key players seem to be cracking up: Petit - Mar 14, 2011
- Wenger blames defenders for Carling Cup semi-final defeat - Jan 13, 2011
- Allow me to join Barcelona, Fabregas tells Wenger - Jul 18, 2011
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Arsenal wants to bring in more players: Wenger - Jul 25, 2012
- Arsenal under pressure to meet only remaining Premier League 'target': Wenger - Mar 21, 2011
- 'Bad' game against Liverpool has left Man U in fight with Arsenal for Premier Legaue - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: arsenal boss arsene wenger, atmosphere, barcelona, boss arsene wenger, carling cup, chelsea, confidence, dressing room, fa cup, intelligent boy, january 19, leeds, london jan, massive experience, new york red bulls, sun, thierry henry, trophies