Hectic schedule taking a toll on players’ performance: Rajiv ShuklaNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:52 am ICT by admin
Commenting on the gap between the series, he said, “I agree with Dhoni that there is no gap between the series. Now, they are getting some gap between the series with Australia and Pakistan. But the problem is that there are too many events in the international calendar and it is hard to make adjustments. We are trying to give the players as much rest as possible.”
Shukla added that the BCCI had created a talent pool of nearly 40 players to take care of replacements in case key players got burned out.
“If we have a pool of 35-40 players, then if a player is out due to fatigue or injuries then his replacement should be available at once. We are trying to have replacements for every player. Four categories A, B, C and D have been formed and around 35 players have been taken into the pool,” he said.
India, which hosted Australia in a seven-match one-day series that ended onctober 24 have a hectic schedule ahead.
Shukla also inspected preparations for the upcoming third one-day international between India and Pakistan.
India will meet Pakistan in a test and one-day series starting on November 5 before leaving for a test tour of Australia in December. (ANI)
- (VM) India-Pakistan to revive cricketing ties after 5 years (Third Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- India-Pakistan break the ice on cricketing ties (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- BCCI awaits team management's report, rules out player fatigue - May 12, 2010
- Strauss, Flower plan secret camp in Europe to finalize Ashes squad - Sep 14, 2010
- Dhoni clarifies Team India was 'not ready mentally,' not fatigued for Oz friendly - Feb 15, 2011
- Pakistan's domestic T20 winners to play in Champions League: BCCI - May 12, 2012
- Ashes conditions in Australia's favour: Ponting - Aug 17, 2010
- Too much cricket has led to spectator fatigue: Gilchrist - Oct 28, 2009
- BCCI requests CA to replace four ODIS with two Tests - May 05, 2010
- Nobody to be blamed for India's performance: Srikkanth - Aug 14, 2011
- No complaint on Eden pitch: Rajeev Shukla - Apr 15, 2012
- India-Pakistan to resume cricketing ties after 5 years (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Pakistan to play 3 ODIs, 2 T20s in India in Dec-Jan (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Srinivasan takes charge as BCCI president; terminates Kochi's contract (Lead) - Sep 19, 2011
- Congress in Goa will outperform Indian team Down Under: Shukla - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: australia, bcci, case key, day international, dhoni, england team, fatigue, gap, hectic schedule, india and pakistan, international calendar, match, no doubt, pakistan india, preparations, rajiv shukla, replacements, talent pool