Have a tough decision to make on drivers: MallyaOctober 30th, 2011 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, Oct 30 (IANS) Sahara Force India’s team principal Vijay Mallya said Sunday that it would be tough for him to decide his driver’s line-up for the 2012 season.
Adrian Sutil and Paul Di Resta are eager to learn their future with the Silverstone-based team and this prompted Mallya to say that he would announce his team in two week’s time before the next race in Abu Dhabi.
“Regarding my decision about the 2012 drivers, I have said this week that I will give an answer to the drivers before the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. I already have three excellent drivers, who are all in the running, and the decision ahead will not be an easy one,” said Mallya, after Sutil’s ninth place finish at the Sunday race here earned points for the team.
Di Resta, who made an impressive debut in 2011, is likely to retain his seat along with test driver Nico Hulkenberg. Di Resta has also been hailed as the season’s most impressive rookie.
The 28-year-old Sutil, who has driven for the team since it was known as Midland in 2006, also has a strong possibility to be retained because of the sponsorship money he brings with him. Sutil has also been linked with a move to the struggling Williams team.
Mallya, however, said that he doesn’t need a paid driver. But Sutil is confident of racing next season in Formula One regardless of Mallya’s decision.
- Force India retain di Resta for 2012, drop Sutil - Dec 17, 2011
- Force India to end drivers' suspense before Abu Dhabi - Oct 29, 2011
- Force India pick Max Chilton for Abu Dhabi young driver test - Nov 08, 2011
- Former Ferrari reserve driver Bianchi moves to Force India - Jan 27, 2012
- Webber secures elusive win in Brazil, Force India end season on a high - Nov 28, 2011
- Vettel equals pole record in Abu Dhabi, Force India secure top-10 finish - Nov 12, 2011
- Happy to log points in inaugural Indian GP: Sutil - Oct 30, 2011
- Podium not in sight of Force India, says di Resta - Sep 06, 2012
- No plans to sell Force India team: Mallya - Oct 07, 2011
- Force India's Di Resta feels making Q3 will be tough - Mar 23, 2012
- Ferrari eyeing Force India's di Resta for 2013 season - May 10, 2012
- Force India finish out of points at British GP - Jul 08, 2012
- Alonso wins dramatic Malaysian GP, Force India in top-10 - Mar 25, 2012
- Di Resta in dark about his future with Force India - Dec 14, 2011
- German GP: Hulkenberg 5th fastest, di Resta 9th - Jul 21, 2012