Hauritz nails a ton to convince selectors on Ashes recallDecember 8th, 2010 - 4:50 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Dec.8 (ANI): Dumped Test off-spinner Nathan Hauritz continued his campaign for an Ashes recall by scoring his maiden first-class century in the Sheffield Shield match against South Australia at the SCG today.
Hauritz hit 13 boundaries and a six in his unbeaten 126-run knock to help the Blues move to 6 for 317 by stumps on day two. His team has a lead of 129 runs, after the Redbacks were dismissed for just 188 on day one.
NSW wicketkeeper Peter Nevill was not out at the other end on 24.
In his two first-class matches since being omitted by national selectors for the Ashes opener at the Gabba, Hauritz has claimed career-best bowling figures and his highest first-class score.
The 29-year-old, who claimed seven wickets during the Blues’ win over Western Australia at the WACA last week, including a career-best 5-39 in the second innings, appears to have put himself back into Test match consideration, Fox Sports reports.
Usman Khawaja (53) batted patiently to pass 50 before unnecessarily throwing his wicket away. (ANI)
- Experts in favour of Khwaja and Harris in Oz Ashes squad - Oct 17, 2010
- Australia's decision to omit Hauritz helped England in Ashes series: Swann - Jan 01, 2011
- Awesome to represent Australia in Test cricket: Khawaja - Oct 19, 2010
- Dumped Hauritz rewarded for astounding domestic performance in December - Jan 15, 2011
- Ashes: NSW's Usman Khawaja called in as cover for injured Clarke - Nov 22, 2010
- Johnson set for quick recall to Oz side, Bollinger may miss out - Dec 09, 2010
- Reputations would count for nothing when choosing Ashes squad: Chappell - Nov 09, 2010
- Khawaja, Beer to make debuts in Sydney Ashes Test - Jan 02, 2011
- Flower praises 'outstanding' England fightback in Ashes opener - Nov 30, 2010
- Green SCG wicket could hinder Ashes hopes of Khawaja, Hughes: Watson - Nov 10, 2010
- Ponting backs Usman Khawaja to bat No.3 in Sydney Test - Dec 30, 2010
- Usman Khawaja considering moving to Queensland - May 01, 2012
- Usman Khawaja joins Derbyshire - Jan 21, 2011
- Clarke to lead Australia in Sydney, Haddin vice-captain (Lead) - Dec 30, 2010
- Clarke praises injury-prone Harris - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: boundaries, bowling, first class, fox sports, nails, nathan hauritz, national selectors, nevill, redbacks, score, seven wickets, sheffield shield, south australia, spinner, stumps, sydney, test match, western australia, wicket