Haryana to give jobs to outstanding playersDecember 26th, 2010 - 6:57 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 26 (IANS) Outstanding sportspersons, especially medal winners at international events, will be offered jobs by the Haryana government, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said Sunday.Interacting with wrestler Ravinder Singh Sangwan, who won a bronze medal in the Guangzhou Asian Games, in Rohtak, 260 km from here, Hooda said that players will be provided jobs as per their academic qualification and achievement in sports.
Asian Games gold medalist and world champion boxer Vijender Singh was recruited as a deputy superintendent of police in the state last year. Other outstanding players have also been offered jobs in police and government agencies in recent months.
Hooda said that the sports policy of the government had shown results with players winning medals at various international events, especially the Commonwealth Games, the Asian Games and World championships.
- Haryana assures top sportspersons of jobs - Jun 30, 2011
- Hooda's sporting decision becomes political game (Haryana Newsletter) - Apr 21, 2012
- Deepinder Hooda wants sports university in Haryana - Nov 30, 2010
- After CWG, Haryana to reward its Asian Games athletes - Dec 20, 2010
- Haryana grooms sporting talent for India's future - Nov 29, 2010
- Haryana Olympics players to get over Rs.6.5 crore - Aug 16, 2012
- Haryana government felicitates Asian Games athletes - Dec 22, 2010
- Hooda elated as Haryana players bag 15 Asian Games medals - Nov 27, 2010
- Haryana announces Rs.2 crore for gold in London Olympics - Nov 01, 2010
- Olympians with Haryana connection earn millions - Aug 12, 2012
- Haryana Police to give Rs. 51 lakh to Yogeshwar Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- Limca recognises Indian athletes in new edition - Mar 29, 2011
- Haryana doubles cash rewards for Rio - Aug 26, 2012
- Villages of Haryana players get Rs.220 mn grant - Mar 18, 2011
- Haryana gives Rs.15 lakh each to three gold medal wining wrestlers - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: academic qualification, asian games, bhupinder singh hooda, bronze medal, champion boxer, chief minister, commonwealth games, deputy superintendent, games gold, gold medalist, government agencies, haryana government, jobs, medal winners, medals, ravinder singh, Sports, world champion, world championships