Haryana enhances rewards for CWG medalsAugust 31st, 2010 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 31 (IANS) The Haryana government Tuesday announced enhanced rewards for sportspersons from the state winning medals at the 2010 Commonwealth Games (CWG) to be held in New Delhi Oct 3-14.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said that his government would award Rs.15 lakh (Rs.1.5 million) to those who win gold, Rs.10 lakh for silver and Rs.5 lakh to bronze medal winners in the forthcoming Games.
Earlier, the Haryana government had announced a reward of Rs.7 lakh for a gold medallist. Players winning silver and bronze medals at the CWG were to get Rs.5 lakh and Rs.3 lakh, respectively.
The CWG is being held in New Delhi Oct 3-14 this year.
A number of players, including boxing champion Vijender Singh and women hockey team players are from Haryana.
Shahabad town, 65 km from Chandigarh, is known as a nursery for women hockey players.
- Rs.7 lakh for CWG gold medallist from Haryana - Aug 16, 2010
- Olympians with Haryana connection earn millions - Aug 12, 2012
- Haryana's Olympians to get Rs.11 lakh reward - Jun 01, 2012
- Haryana announces Rs.1 crore for Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Haryana grooms sporting talent for India's future - Nov 29, 2010
- Hooda elated as Haryana players bag 15 Asian Games medals - Nov 27, 2010
- Haryana doubles cash rewards for Rio - Aug 26, 2012
- Haryana announces Rs.2 crore for gold in London Olympics - Nov 01, 2010
- Haryana Police to give Rs. 51 lakh to Yogeshwar Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- Deepinder Hooda wants sports university in Haryana - Nov 30, 2010
- After CWG, Haryana to reward its Asian Games athletes - Dec 20, 2010
- Function for CWG medal winners: Haryana draws flak - Oct 30, 2010
- Haryana assures top sportspersons of jobs - Jun 30, 2011
- After medallists, Haryana to reward CWG participants as well - Oct 21, 2010
- Haryana's 'Chak de' function Nov 1 to honour CWG winners - Oct 24, 2010
Tags: 2010 commonwealth games, 5 million, bronze medal winners, bronze medals, champion, chief minister, cwg, forthcoming games, gold medallist, haryana government, hockey players, hockey team, hooda, lakh, New Delhi, rewards, rs 1