Haryana doubles prize money for Olympic medal winnersJuly 29th, 2008 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 29 (IANS) Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Tuesday announced that the award money for medal winners from the state in the Beijing Olympic games would be doubled. Any sportsperson from the state winning a gold medal in the biggest sporting extravaganza will be awarded Rs.20 million now, Hooda announced. Earlier, the award was Rs.10 million.
For winning a silver and bronze medal, the award would be Rs.10 million and Rs.5 million, respectively.
Hooda said that the award enhancement would inspire players from the state to perform better in the Games starting in Beijing Aug 8.
Ten sportspersons from Haryana are representing the country in various athletic events.
- Olympians with Haryana connection earn millions - Aug 12, 2012
- Haryana announces Rs.1 crore for Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Haryana's Olympians to get Rs.11 lakh reward - Jun 01, 2012
- Haryana government felicitates Asian Games athletes - Dec 22, 2010
- Haryana assures top sportspersons of jobs - Jun 30, 2011
- Haryana announces cash awards for Olympic medallist - Jul 26, 2012
- Haryana enhances rewards for CWG medals - Aug 31, 2010
- Hooda elated as Haryana players bag 15 Asian Games medals - Nov 27, 2010
- Haryana chief minister wants Olympics in India - Oct 10, 2010
- Haryana Police to give Rs. 51 lakh to Yogeshwar Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- Haryana grooms sporting talent for India's future - Nov 29, 2010
- Haryana's 'Chak de' function Nov 1 to honour CWG winners - Oct 24, 2010
- After medallists, Haryana to reward CWG participants as well - Oct 21, 2010
- Deepinder Hooda wants sports university in Haryana - Nov 30, 2010
- Haryana announces Rs.2 crore for gold in London Olympics - Nov 01, 2010