Haryana announces Rs.1 crore for Saina NehwalAugust 4th, 2012 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 4 (IANS) Ace badminton player Saina Nehwal will get a reward of Rs.1 crore from the Haryana government for winning a bronze medal for the country in women’s badminton at the 2012 London Olympics.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda congratulated Saina Nehwal Saturday for winning the bronze medal. He said that she had made the country and Haryana proud.
Though Saina lives in Hyderabad, she has got the reward under the category of sportspersons from Haryana since her family hails from Haryana.
The Haryana government had earlier announced a reward of Rs.1 crore for shooter Gagan Narang for winning a bronze medal in the 10 metre shooting event earlier this week. Narang, who also lives in Hyderabad, has his family roots in Haryana.
- Haryana doubles cash rewards for Rio - Aug 26, 2012
- Celebrations at Yogeshwar's home over medal - Aug 12, 2012
- Haryana announces Rs.1 crore for Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympians with Haryana connection earn millions - Aug 12, 2012
- After dream medal, marriage on cards for Yogeshwar (Lead, Combining London/Chandigarh stories) - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic winners get rewards, cars - Aug 26, 2012
- Andhra celebrates second bronze medal at Olympics - Aug 04, 2012
- Haryana to honour shooter Gagan Narang too - Oct 22, 2010
- Haryana Police to give Rs. 51 lakh to Yogeshwar Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- Haryana Olympics players to get over Rs.6.5 crore - Aug 16, 2012
- Haryana's 'Chak de' function Nov 1 to honour CWG winners - Oct 24, 2010
- Cash, cars, mobile phones, ghee - Haryana CWG winners take it all! - Oct 30, 2010
- Lok Sabha congratulates Olympics medal winners - Aug 08, 2012
- Haryana offers police officer's job to Saina Nehwal - Jul 02, 2010
- No regrets over missing two medals: Gagan Narang - Oct 23, 2010