Haryana announces cash awards for Olympic medallistJuly 26th, 2012 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 26 (IANS) The Haryana government Thursday announced huge cash awards for its sportspersons if they win a medal in the 2012 London Games.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said gold medal winners will get a cash award of Rs.2.5 crore, silver medal winners will get Rs.1.5 crore and bronze medal winners Rs.1 crore.
“It is a matter of pride that out of 81 sportspersons selected for participation in the London Olympics from India, 18 are from Haryana. I firmly believe that, as in the past, our players will continue to excel in future too. On behalf of the people of Haryana, I wish the sportspersons all the best and hope the players will once again bring laurels for the state as well as the nations,” said Hooda.
The Haryana government has already given the 18 sportspersons Rs.11 lakh each for qualifying for the Games. The government will also provide class-II jobs for the sportspersons if they win a medal.
- Haryana assures top sportspersons of jobs - Jun 30, 2011
- Haryana announces Rs.1 crore for Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympians with Haryana connection earn millions - Aug 12, 2012
- Haryana Police to give Rs. 51 lakh to Yogeshwar Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- Haryana's Olympians to get Rs.11 lakh reward - Jun 01, 2012
- Haryana doubles cash rewards for Rio - Aug 26, 2012
- Hooda elated as Haryana players bag 15 Asian Games medals - Nov 27, 2010
- Haryana chief minister wants Olympics in India - Oct 10, 2010
- Haryana enhances rewards for CWG medals - Aug 31, 2010
- Cash, cars, mobile phones, ghee - Haryana CWG winners take it all! - Oct 30, 2010
- Haryana government felicitates Asian Games athletes - Dec 22, 2010
- Haryana announces Rs.2 crore for gold in London Olympics - Nov 01, 2010
- After CWG, Haryana to reward its Asian Games athletes - Dec 20, 2010
- Haryana pours cash on hockey hero Sandeep Singh - Feb 27, 2012
- Haryana announces Rs.1.5 crore reward, land for Sushil - Aug 12, 2012
Tags: 1 crore, bhupinder singh hooda, bronze medal winners, cash awards, chief minister, gold medal winners, haryana government, India, jobs, lakh, laurels, london games, london olympics, matter of pride, New Delhi, olympic medallist, olympics, participation, rs 2, silver medal winners