Harsha, Meghna clinch under-9 Parsvnath chess titlesMay 6th, 2008 - 9:23 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 6 (IANS) Local boy Harshal Shahi and C H Meghna of Kerala won the boys and girls under-9 title respectively in the Parsvnath National Chess Championship here Tuesday. Shahi beat Jerome Jorge Ebenezer of Tamil Nadu, notching 10 points in all, while Meghna grabbed the title with nine points after drawing her last round game against K Niveditha of Tamil Nadu.
Jeet Jain and Hetul Shah, both from Gujarat, finished second and third respectively in the boys section. Jeet shocked top seed Arjun Bharat of Karnataka while second seed Hetul had to be contend with a draw against Dhonnar Nachiket of Maharashtra in the final round.
In the girls section, Meghna after drawing with Niveditha was tied for the pole position along with World Under-8 champion Ivana Maria Furtado of Goa (9 points). Ivana, who beat state mate Savant Riya in the final round, had to be content with the runner up spot as Meghna had a better progressive score. Shiny Das of Tripura finished third with eight points.
Final Standings (Boys):(1) Harshal Shahi of Delhi with 10 points (2) Jeet Jain of Gujarat with 9 points (3) Hetul Shah of Gujarat with 8.5 points (4) Jerome Jorge Ebenezer of Tamilnadu with 8.5 points (5) Dhonnar Nachiket of Maharashtra with 8.5 points (6) Anirudh V Bhat of Goa with 8 points (7) R U Anatharam of Karnataka with 8 points (8) Aditya Hiren Vaidya of Gujarat with 8 points (9) Pavit Singh of Delhi with 8 points (10) Abhimanyu Puranik of Maharashtra with 8 points.
Final Standings (Girls):(1) C H Meghna of Kerala with 9 points (2) Ivana Maria Furtado of Goa with 9 points (3) Shiny Das of Tripura with 8 points (4) Hilmi Parveen of Kerala with 8 points (5) Niveditha K of Tamilnadu with 8 points (6) Chandreyee Hazra of West Bengal with 8 points (7) Manjula R of Tamilnadu with 7.5 points (8) Riya Savant of Goa with 7.5 points (9) Tejaswini Sagar of Maharashtra with 7.5 points (10) Rutuja Bakshi of Maharashtra with 7.5 points.
- Anirudh Bhat takes sole lead in Parsvnath Chess - May 03, 2008
- Meghna, Arjun lead in Parsvnath chess - May 02, 2008
- Nimmy maintains sole lead - Aug 23, 2012
- India's Diptayan in lead in World Youth Chess - Nov 24, 2011
- India's Nandhidhaa in sole lead in World Youth Chess - Nov 21, 2011
- Mixed day for India in World Youth Chess - Nov 20, 2011
- Indians Diptayan and Akshya in joint lead in World Youth - Nov 23, 2011
- Grover takes sole lead in U-14 category of Asian Youth Chess - Aug 06, 2009
- Akash keeps lead; Reddy shocks Chowdhury - May 25, 2012
- Parimarjan Negi is National Premier Chess Champion - Dec 22, 2010
- Indians dominate Asian Youth Chess, top seven of 12 categories - Aug 08, 2009
- Shyam Nikil holds Salem A.R. Saleh, keeps joint lead - Aug 05, 2009
- Chess prodigies bring laurels to Gujarat - May 09, 2008
- Deysi, Olga share lead in World Junior Chess - Aug 13, 2011
- West Bengal, Andhra win junior TT titles - Dec 10, 2011
Tags: abhimanyu, anirudh, bakshi, bhat, chess championship, chess titles, ebenezer, hazra, hilmi, local boy, maharashtra, manjula, national chess, parsvnath, parveen, riya, sagar, tamilnadu, tejaswini, west bengal