Harris considering retirement from Test cricketFebruary 17th, 2012 - 5:39 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, Feb 17 (IANS) Australian fast bowler Ryan Harris is contemplating retiring from Test cricket as injuries take a toll on his body.
Harris, voted one of the best fast bowlers in the country, said he may have to soon quit Test cricket to keep his hopes alive in atleast one form of the shorter versions of the game.
Harris is not happy being rested from the ongoing tri-series. But with his chronic injuries, including knee and hip troubles, he knows the time will come where he will have to preserve his body for one form of cricket.
Harris said he will almost certainly have to choose one-day cricket over the longer form of the game.
“Test cricket is the pinnacle of cricket. But for me, even now, it is getting harder and harder being able to back up each and every day for the five days of a Test,” Harris was quoted as saying by The Courier Mail.
Harris said he doesn’t want to grind down his body and will take a decision soon.
“I want to play as much cricket in as many forms of the game as possible at the moment. But I also don’t want to grind down my body and there will be a stage when I have to look at my options,” he said.
- Clarke wants teammates to prioritise country over IPL - Dec 09, 2011
- Harris pulled himself out of contention for Boxing Day Test - Dec 22, 2011
- Lee rates his longevity as his greatest triumph - Oct 09, 2010
- Harris considered retiring from cricket - Dec 23, 2010
- Rise in injuries to fast bowlers due to ODIs: Hadlee - Nov 30, 2011
- Clarke praises injury-prone Harris - Jan 12, 2012
- Cricketers excited to see India-England play 2000th Test - Jul 20, 2011
- Fast bowler Harris opposed to being rested or rotated - Oct 05, 2011
- Tait all praise for Rahul Dravid's mental toughness - Sep 17, 2011
- Australia name unchanged XI for second Test - Jan 02, 2012
- 'Shattered' Lee vows to play on despite latest injury setback - Apr 30, 2010
- Ponting axed from Australia's ODI squad, Watson returns - Feb 20, 2012
- Ponting concedes he has played his last ODI - Feb 21, 2012
- Taylor, Fleming want Watson to cut down on workload - Oct 24, 2011
- Australia recall Pattinson, drop Harris - Feb 28, 2012