Harbhajan apologizes for ‘Ravan-Sita’ danceOctober 20th, 2008 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Oct 19 (IANS) Cricketer Harbhajan Singh Sunday apologized for his ‘Ravan-Sita’ dance with actress Mona Singh on a reality TV show.”I offer my apologies for hurting the sentiments of any community. It was not my intention to hurt the sentiments of anyone, including my own community,” Harbhajan Singh told reporters here.
The cricketer had appeared in the show “Ek Khiladi Ek Hasina” with Mona Singh in the role of demon-king Ravan. Mona Singh danced as Sita, Hindu god Lord Ram’s wife who was abducted by Ravan.
Many Hindu organizations had objected to the dance, saying Ravan could not be shown dancing with Sita.
The Akal Takht, the highest temporal seat of Sikhs in Amritsar, had also objected to Harbhajan hurting sentiments of Hindus and even Sikhs.
Both Harbhajan and Mona Singh are Sikhs by religion.
- Court admits complaint against Harbhajan-Mona 'Ravana-Sita' dance - Oct 10, 2008
- Court summons programme director of Colors TV channel - Oct 13, 2008
- Harbhajan, Mona Singh are 'Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena' winners - Oct 26, 2008
- NGO to appeal against court's clean chit to Harbhajan - Sep 02, 2009
- Harbhajan, Mona Singh get court summons for 'Ravana-Sita' dance - Feb 05, 2009
- Sikh body wants action against Ajay Devgn - Aug 29, 2012
- Harbhajan-Mona Singh's 'Ravana-Sita' dance upsets Sikh clergy - Oct 08, 2008
- TV actress Mona Singh chased with summons in Chandigarh - Sep 16, 2009
- Harbhajan Singh continues to play with fire - Oct 10, 2008
- Opposition mounts to Amitabh's plea on anti-Sikh riots - Dec 16, 2011
- Congress opposes move to summon PM to Akal Takht - Sep 05, 2011
- Akal Takht calls upon excommunicated persons to return to Sikh fold - Jun 07, 2010
- Harbhajan served court summons in Chandigarh - Nov 02, 2009
- Former Akal Takht head held guilty of religious misconduct - Dec 06, 2009
- Amitabh pleads innocence in 1984 anti-Sikh riots - Dec 01, 2011