Harbahajan gets a grand welcome in Chandigarh, leaves for JalandharApril 4th, 2011 - 4:36 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 4 (IANS) India’s World Cup-winning off-spinner Harbhajan Singh got a grand welcome after arriving in Chandigarh Monday.
Harbhajan, who stays in the upscale Sector 9, paid obeisance at a gurudwara in the neighbouring town of Sohana, before leaving for his home town of Jalandhar, some 150 km from here, to meet his mother Avtar Kaur.
He is also expected to visit Sant Ajit Singh, the head of Nirmal dera, based in Hansali village Fatehgarh Sahib town of Punjab, in the coming days. Ajit Singh is also the guru of Harbhajan’s team mate Yuvraj Singh.
- Indian cricketers return to their homes to grand welcome (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2011
- Yuvraj to visit guru, played with 'blessed' bats - Apr 04, 2011
- Yuvraj gets grand welcome in Chandigarh - Apr 06, 2011
- Pakistan showed big hearts by dropping catches: Yuvraj (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Akali Dal announces 48 names for Punjab assembly polls - Dec 23, 2011
- Yuvraj, Harbhajan meet families ahead of semifinal clash - Mar 27, 2011
- For namesake's visa, Bhajji gets a googly - Feb 21, 2012
- Punjab: Prominent winners and losers - Mar 06, 2012
- Cricketer Harbhajan Singh's sister gets married - Feb 20, 2010
- SGPGC's Sri Guru Granth Sahib university launched - Jul 25, 2011
- Bhajii evades tax; department issues notice - May 13, 2011
- Punjab: where politics and religion mix well (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 31, 2011
- Harbhajan to get notice for evading service tax - Dec 29, 2010
- Procession to mark tercentenary of Sikh hero reaches Delhi - Apr 29, 2010
- Sikh devotees celebrate Guru Parab - Dec 24, 2009