Happy to start the season with a medal: Gagan (Lead)April 10th, 2009 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) India’s Gagan Narang added a fourth World Cup medal to his tally by winning the bronze Fridayin 10-metre air rifle event in Changwon, South Korea.
Gagan was eighth and the last to qualify for the final after he shot 594 out of 600. In the final round, he shot 102.7 for a total of 696.7 and finish third behind the Chinese pair of Zho Qinan and Cao Yifei, according to information received here.
“I am not satisfied with my qualification score of 594. I could have certainly shot more than the 47 inner tens that I shot today. I was not sure If I could win since I was not in a great form due to a few changes which I made in my rifle weight and also with it’s set up during the recent training camp in Pune but in the final it all went right for me,” said Gagan.
“I am happy I ended the 2008 World Cup season on the podium with the two world records and now started the new season of 2009 with a podium finish again. This year will be more about experimenting for me so that I can get ready for next year as it is a golden year for the shooting sport,” he added.
Beijing Games silver medallist Qinan won the gold with a tally of 700.3 (597+103.3) while Yifei took the silver with 698.6 (595+103.6).
Among other Indians, Sanjeev Rajput finished seventh with 695.4 (595+100.4) points while P.T. Raghunath could not enter the final as he shot only 591.
- Gagan Narang wins World Cup bronze - Apr 10, 2009
- Bindra wins silver in Asian Airgun Championship - Oct 19, 2011
- Rajput wins silver in shooting World Cup - Mar 24, 2010
- Asian Championship: Bindra wins gold beating close rival Zhu - Jan 13, 2012
- Asian Games shooting: Narang helps India win two silver - Nov 13, 2010
- Shooter Narang opens medal count for India, wins bronze (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: India pins hopes on shooters Abhinav, Gagan - Jul 29, 2012
- Rifle shooter Narang bags bronze in Beijing World Cup (With image) - Apr 19, 2010
- Olympics: Shooter Gagan Narang opens medal count with bronze (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- I achieved what I came here to do: Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Needed a little luck: Bindra (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- I am sure Gagan will do well: Bindra (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympic: Narang misses 50m rifle prone qualification, Karmakar in - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic shooting: Bindra fails to qualify, Narang makes final - Jul 30, 2012
- Asian Games shooting: India's rifle shooters miss gold by a point (Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
Tags: air rifle, beijing, cao, changwon south korea, India, indians, narang, New Delhi, podium, pune, raghunath, rifle weight, score, shooting sport, silver medallist, south korea, tally, tens, training camp, world cup season