Hamilton’s title write-off just before start of F1 seasonMarch 10th, 2011 - 12:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 10 (ANI): Not happy with his car, Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton has written off his chances of winning the crown this season - with the first race just 17 days away.
The 2008 champion said that he will find it impossible to regain the drivers’ crown unless McLaren can suddenly improve his car.
“Do I believe I have a car to win the world championship at the moment? No. I’m ready, and when the car is ready I will win races. But whether that will happen, we’ll see,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.
Hamilton has echoed team-mate Jenson Button’s concerns over the new McLaren car, saying the MP4-26 is far from ready to mount a title challenge.
On Tuesday, Button said he believed McLaren would not be able to challenge rivals Red Bull and Ferrari at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix on 27 March.
Button was 0.366 seconds behind Red Bull driver Mark Webber’s best time in testing at Barcelona but his time was limited in the morning session because of exhaust problems.
Hamilton was fourth behind world champion Sebastian Vettel on Wednesday’s second day after reliability issues confined him to spells in the garage. (ANI)
- Hamilton eyes victories in Abu Dhabi, Brazil - Nov 06, 2011
- McLaren will not be able to challenge Red Bull: Button - Mar 09, 2011
- Button backs Vettel to succeed him as F1's new king - Oct 12, 2010
- Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix to end Vettel's winning streak - Apr 17, 2011
- Road trip to Agra impresses F1 champ Vettel - Oct 27, 2011
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Malaysian Grand Prix - Apr 10, 2011
- Red Bull's Vettel takes pole for F1 season-opening Australian Grand Prix - Mar 26, 2011
- McLaren must bounce back in Germany: Prost - Jul 16, 2012
- Vettel wins a near perfect race, Sutil finishes ninth (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2011
- 'I am better, but Vettel is winning due to his much quicker car,' says Hamilton - Apr 16, 2011
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- Don't want any favours from Vettel and Red Bull, says Webber - Oct 29, 2011
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- New venues invariably slotted at end - Oct 25, 2011
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
Tags: ace, australian grand prix, best time, ferrari, formula one, jenson button, lewis hamilton, mark webber, mclaren car, morning session, mp4, red bull, reliability issues, rivals, sebastian vettel, spells, team mate, title challenge, winning the crown, world champion