Hamilton’s ‘few misjudgments’ may cost him F1 championship title: Ex-champOctober 26th, 2010 - 6:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 26(ANI): Former British Formula One champion Nigel Mansell has said that McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton will only have himself to blame if his championship title bid ends in failure.
Hamilton insists that he can still come from behind to win this year’s title race after he shrugged off a run of poor results to finish second in Sunday’s rain-hit Korean Grand Prix.
However, Mansell fears that Hamilton may pay a heavy price for a few out-of-character ‘misjudgments’.
“A few misjudgments have crept in this year and I’d like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he’s better than that,” the Sun quoted Mansell, as saying.
“So, there are obviously a few things going on inside his head where he’s not in sync with himself.”
“Whether you have got mirrors or not you know exactly where you are on the circuit and where you are racing someone else. He’s been caught out a couple of times, but if he’s the class act I’m sure he is, he won’t repeat that and will be better for it,” he added.
With two races to go, and a maximum 50 points to be won under the new scoring system, Hamilton (210 points) is 21 points behind Ferrari’s title leader Fernando Alonso (231 points).
Red Bull’s Mark Webber is at second place with 220 points, while his team-mate Sebastian Vettel is fourth with 206 points. (ANI)
- F1 season set for Abu Dhabi finale - Nov 14, 2010
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- McLaren must bounce back in Germany: Prost - Jul 16, 2012
- F1 championship isn't out of my reach, says Hamilton - Oct 25, 2010
- Button backs Vettel to succeed him as F1's new king - Oct 12, 2010
- Vettel not giving up yet on F1 championship title chance - Oct 28, 2010
- New venues invariably slotted at end - Oct 25, 2011
- Vettel wins Singapore GP, Force India record season's best result - Sep 25, 2011
- Vettel breaks pole record in season finale, Sutil to start 8th - Nov 27, 2011
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Japanese Grand Prix - Oct 10, 2010
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- Vettel wins a near perfect race, Sutil finishes ninth (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2011
- Hamilton eyeing Japan Grand Prix glory to boost F1 title hopes - Oct 07, 2010
- Webber natches British Grand Prix win from Alonso - Jul 08, 2012
- Ferrari's Alonso wins Italian GP - Sep 13, 2010
Tags: benefit of the doubt, champ, champion, class act, failure, fears, fernando alonso, ferrari, formula one, korean grand prix, lewis hamilton, mark webber, nigel mansell, rain, red bull, s lewis, scoring system, sebastian vettel, sync, team mate