Hamilton vows to win his first Formula One hat trickJune 26th, 2010 - 4:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jun 26 (ANI): Ace driver Lewis Hamilton, who will bid for his first Formula One hat-trick on Sunday, has said that he wants his title back.
The McLaren racer climbed to the top of the drivers’ standings after victories in Turkey and Canada.
He is now looking for the treble in the European Grand Prix, which will keep him ahead of other drivers for British Grand Prix at Silverstone in two weeks time.
Hamilton, who leads team-mate Jenson Button by three points, said that his only goal is still being on top in November and regaining the drivers’ crown from his fellow Brit.
“It’s cool to have a double. I’ve not had that for a while. I think 2008 was the last time. I want to continue winning. I would love to win this race, the one after that and just keep winning. But the end result is the most important - I want to be world champion again,” The Sun quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“It doesn’t matter if you are leading the championship now. It just means you are in a good position but there are so many races ahead. Winning does give you confidence but things can change drastically. You lose one race, the guy who is second wins and it’s 25 points for him,” he said.
Hamilton clocked the fifth fastest time in opening practice on Friday, with Button ninth on the track. Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso was quickest in front of his home fans. (ANI)
- Alonso wins dramatic Malaysian GP, Force India in top-10 - Mar 25, 2012
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- New venues invariably slotted at end - Oct 25, 2011
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Japanese Grand Prix - Oct 10, 2010
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Malaysian Grand Prix - Apr 10, 2011
- Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix to end Vettel's winning streak - Apr 17, 2011
- Webber secures elusive win in Brazil, Force India end season on a high - Nov 28, 2011
- Force India finish out of points at British GP - Jul 08, 2012
- Webber natches British Grand Prix win from Alonso - Jul 08, 2012
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- Alonso fastest in Belgian Grand Prix practice - Aug 27, 2010
- Hamilton blames 'cruel luck' for Hockenheim fiasco - Jul 23, 2012
- Hamilton charges to pole in Hungarian GP - Jul 28, 2012
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
Tags: ace, british grand prix, confidence, end result, fastest time, fellow brit, fernando alonso, ferrari, formula one, hat trick, home fans, jenson button, last time, lewis hamilton, london, silverstone, team mate, treble, turkey, world champion