Hamilton should not be ruled out of F1 title fight: McLaren chiefNovember 12th, 2010 - 4:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov. 12 (ANI): McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh has said that it would be foolhardy to rule out 2008 champion Lewis Hamilton from the Formula One title race this year, and added the racing star would be at his relentless best for Sunday’s title-showdown race outside Abu Dhabi.
Fernando Alonso leads with 246 points, Mark Webber 238, Sebastian Vettel 231 and the 2008 champion is an outside bet with the bookies on 222 points, 24 down on the Spaniard.
“We are still in the hunt for the drivers’ championship with Lewis, albeit by the very narrow margin of a single point, ” The Mirror quoted Whitmarsh, as saying.
“Nonetheless, we all know that Lewis is a fearsome competitor and is absolutely fired-up to secure a second world title, he added.
“Indeed, let’s not forget that Lewis has gone into the final round of the season in the hunt for the title in three of his four Formula 1 seasons. That’s a quite incredible record,” he said. (ANI)
- F1 season set for Abu Dhabi finale - Nov 14, 2010
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Japanese Grand Prix - Oct 10, 2010
- New venues invariably slotted at end - Oct 25, 2011
- McLaren must bounce back in Germany: Prost - Jul 16, 2012
- McLaren to support reigning F1 champ Button's never-say-die campaign - Oct 30, 2010
- Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix to end Vettel's winning streak - Apr 17, 2011
- Upgrades give Alonso a title shot: Fisichella - Jun 06, 2012
- Button backs Vettel to succeed him as F1's new king - Oct 12, 2010
- Vettel tops Webber as Red Bull rules European GP qualifying - Jun 26, 2010
- Hamilton eyes victories in Abu Dhabi, Brazil - Nov 06, 2011
- Webber natches British Grand Prix win from Alonso - Jul 08, 2012
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Malaysian Grand Prix - Apr 10, 2011
- Vettel not giving up yet on F1 championship title chance - Oct 28, 2010
- Button set to play second fiddle to title hopeful Hamilton at McLaren - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: abu dhabi, bet, bookies, champion, competitor, drivers championship, fernando alonso, formula 1, formula one, lewis hamilton, mark webber, martin whitmarsh, mclaren boss, mirror, narrow margin, sebastian vettel, single point, spaniard, title fight, title showdown